Author Topic: 2014 North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championships - June 18–21, 2014  (Read 24366 times)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Results of Session Two:

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:38:10 PM by Todd Oishi »
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Session Three:

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:56:24 PM by Todd Oishi »
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Session Four:

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:08:49 PM by Todd Oishi »

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Session Five:

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:13:42 PM by Todd Oishi »

Doug Thorpe

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Waiting on Todd to post the final fifth session, but I am happy with the surge I put on at Trojan.

Unfortunately I couldn't make up for the 24 placing points from Tunkwa.
I chase the allure of standing in a river, casting dries in an attempt to watch that beast come up and take my fly.  Then I usually blow it by setting the hook to soon....

John Wilkinson

• 5 Star Member
  • Abbotsford BC
    • View Profile
I am happy and not happy to say group B was a beast this year!!! That is two years in a row I have been in the group that has caught the most fish overall. This is positive as I have to stay sharp and negative as I don't get to have my 10 minute nap during the sessions ::)

Who does these draws anyways? And with some new rods and gamers it is not going to get any easier! :o

Johnnyboard
****** The Fish Whisperer ******

John Wilkinson

• 5 Star Member
  • Abbotsford BC
    • View Profile
Hey WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Rob & Noah!!!!!!

Johnnybombed
****** The Fish Whisperer ******

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Nice photobomb!  ;D

I could imagine that you'd have been able to hear Bubbles singing from such close range! :)

Noah Kelly

• BCCFFL Member
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
ahahahahh classic!

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Here are some of the stats that were provided by John Nishi for this year’s 2014 North American Loch Style Championships:

2014 North American Loch Style Championships – Summary of Measured Fish
• A total of 1078 fish were caught by 60 anglers (12 teams of 5 anglers) during the competition.
• The first two sessions in Tunkwa Lake resulted in a total of 128 fish being caught and released.
• The three sessions on Trojan Pond resulted in a total of 950 fishing being caught and released.

• On Tunkwa Lake, the catch rate was virtually identical between the two sessions, with 63 and 65 fish caught and released.
• On Trojan Pond, the catch rate progressively dropped by 39% for the 3 sessions.

• The average length of fish scored by anglers in Tunkwa Lake was 35.7 cm (SD[1] = 7.3 cm)
• The average length of fish scored by anglers in Trojan Pond was 32.7 cm (SD = 4.7 cm)

Janos Boda

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Thanks for the stats, they are very interesting! BR, Janos

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Here's an update from Elizabeth Grisenthwaite of Tech Highland Valley Copper Partnership:

To all 2014 North American Loch-Style Competitors, 

It was another successful year for the 2014 North American Loch-Style Championship! Thank you competitors for your support in raising funds for the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation through the Mining for Miracles campaign. Attached you will find a newsletter documenting this year’s event.
We welcome all feedback at HVC.Feedback@teck.com.

Have a safe and fun summer!

Jacqui & Lisa

"Thank you 2014 North American Loch-Style competitors for your support in raising funds for BC Children’s Hospital Foundation through the Mining for Miracles campaign.

Loch-Style registrations committed prior to the Teck Celebrity Pie Throw, donations, live and silent auction contributions and a donation from Teck Resources enabled us to be successful in raising $28,870 for the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation.

On a lighter note Chris Dechert our General Manager did take a pie in the face during the Mining for Miracles
campaign. Together the Zinc/Copper Business Unit Pie and Loch-Style event raised over $206,000 for the Foundation.

Thank you everyone Lisa & Jacqui "

Your feedback on the event is greatly appreciated HVC.Feedback@teck.com

Direct Phone: +1.250.523.3849
Phone: 250.523.2443
eMail: Elizabeth.Grisenthwaite@teck.com

Mike Learmonth

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Surely worth a day on Tunkwa!
Team Kingfisher member