Author Topic: Christy Clark…..Don't take away resident hunters' rights!  (Read 1104 times)

Brent Davy

• 5 Star Member
  • A.K.A. mastercaster
    • View Profile
Christy Clark…..Don't take away resident hunters' rights!
« on: January 04, 2015, 08:26:42 AM »
Another update to let you know what's going on regarding the allocation of wildlife in BC for hunters:

http://www.change.org/p/christy-clark-don-t-take-away-resident-hunters-rights?tk=GZ92Xi7X1ytzKHpra-ckbfDgocs80CYgXejOEQ4aG44&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_message_notice

Even if you are not a resident hunter it is in your best interest if you are against selling off our wildlife to rich foreign trophy hunters while limiting hunting opportunities for BC residents to sign the petition that BC Wildlife Federation has put forth to chaqnge the allocation numbers.

Please help make this right.  I would really appreciate the signatures from any and all Innovative Fly Fisher members.

http://www.productionmagic.ca/bcwfpetition.asp
I just know that on the day I die someone is going to approach my wife and offer to buy my equipment for the price I told her I paid for it~

Mike Learmonth

• Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Team Assistant Coach
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Christy Clark…..Don't take away resident hunters' rights!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 09:44:25 AM »
Done.
Shared over FB too.

Team Kingfisher member

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
Re: Christy Clark…..Don't take away resident hunters' rights!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 09:44:51 AM »
It is always a frustrating situation to see commercial organizations get a larger share of the resources (whether animals, fish, water, etc...) than recreational people - and this seems to be another extension of this.  Those with the largest (loudest) political voice gets the attention.  Even when the dollar values and numbers suggest that it should be opposite. 

Not that I am picking on commercial guides.  They have a job they want to do, they enjoy their job, and like any of us, they want to make money so they can provide for their family.  But... you can't let the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.  You have tens of thousands of tax payers getting less attention that a small organization.  It just doesn't seem right.  There just has to be a better balance.
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.