Author Topic: Easter lake fishing  (Read 725 times)

John Wilkinson

• Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Team Assistant Coach
  • 5 Star Member
  • Abbotsford BC
    • View Profile
Easter lake fishing
« on: April 06, 2015, 11:24:28 AM »
So here it is! A fishing report with almost nothing to report :-\

Went up to our family retreat on Leighton lake to spend three days of fishing and relaxation. First day on Leighton when I put my boat in the water I noticed the lake is turning over! ::) I think my double/double coffee had better clarity.

Next day we went down to Morgan lake. Lots of small chronies coming off but they were not on them yet. After fishing for a couple of hours around one end of the lake and only having one hit and a few followers I went in for lunch. Low and behold Brian Chan shows up from the other end of the lake and said fishing was decent and the fish are full of daphnia. So we head off to the other end just as the wind and weather blows up a bit and all I could manage was one small one.

Yesterday we woke up to -7 in the morning :o. Tyler and I hit Tunkwa and fished most of the day in near freezing temps. The sun was out and not too windy so it was ok but fishing was pretty slow. Tyler landed three fish on chronies and I had not one bite on every leech and line known to me. Also tried an array of different flies without a bump.

It was sure nice to be in the interior again. Just love it up there. :)

So there you have it. No reports of slaying 50+ fish, no pictures of big hawgs, just really nothing. Not many will post these kind of trips but I do cause its called fishing ;)

p.s. I told Tyler that was some of the best casting I have seen him and I do. :D

Johnnyskunkwa
****** The Fish Whisperer ******

Mike Learmonth

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Easter lake fishing
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 01:08:49 PM »
I had one of those days on the river just over a week ago ahead of the big rains. Dropping barometer, high water .... Long day and nothing to show either. Looking forward to pulling the boat out soon too.
Team Kingfisher member

Andy Larkin

• 5 Star Member
  • Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 04:13:43 PM »
Keep it up!  At least until after the NALS LOL!

So here it is! A fishing report with almost nothing to report :-\

Went up to our family retreat on Leighton lake to spend three days of fishing and relaxation. First day on Leighton when I put my boat in the water I noticed the lake is turning over! ::) I think my double/double coffee had better clarity.

Next day we went down to Morgan lake. Lots of small chronies coming off but they were not on them yet. After fishing for a couple of hours around one end of the lake and only having one hit and a few followers I went in for lunch. Low and behold Brian Chan shows up from the other end of the lake and said fishing was decent and the fish are full of daphnia. So we head off to the other end just as the wind and weather blows up a bit and all I could manage was one small one.

Yesterday we woke up to -7 in the morning :o. Tyler and I hit Tunkwa and fished most of the day in near freezing temps. The sun was out and not too windy so it was ok but fishing was pretty slow. Tyler landed three fish on chronies and I had not one bite on every leech and line known to me. Also tried an array of different flies without a bump.

It was sure nice to be in the interior again. Just love it up there. :)

So there you have it. No reports of slaying 50+ fish, no pictures of big hawgs, just really nothing. Not many will post these kind of trips but I do cause its called fishing ;)

p.s. I told Tyler that was some of the best casting I have seen him and I do. :D

Johnnyskunkwa

John Wilkinson

• 5 Star Member
  • Abbotsford BC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 04:26:06 PM »
Sorry Andy

This is the best time to be at the bottom of the barrel. If I time it right, things should be just gravy for the end of May/June ;)

Johnnydrum

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 04:41:16 PM »
Where the heck is "Easter Lake"?!? ;)

Thanks for an honest report! Not that we fishermen are known to exaggerate... :)
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

John Wilkinson

• 5 Star Member
  • Abbotsford BC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 07:52:44 PM »
Where the heck is "Easter Lake"?!? ;)

Thanks for an honest report! Not that we fishermen are known to exaggerate... :)

That's where people go "TO LAY AN EGG!!!"    ;D ;D ;D

Johnnynofish

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 06:31:04 AM »
Lol.  Good report Johnny!
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.