Author Topic: 2017 North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship  (Read 10585 times)

Scott Voisin and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Istvan Kereszturi

• 5 Star Member
  • A.K.A. Vancityflyguy
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2017, 10:14:15 PM »
Hi Todd,
Who do we pay the registration fee by July 30th?
Thnx,
Istvan
Any river, any time...

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2017, 07:02:00 AM »
An announcement regarding payment procedure will be sent out on July 31st. Fees are due on August 15th.

Thanks, Todd
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Martin Payne

• 5 Star Member
  • A.K.A. britguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2017, 08:37:06 PM »
Hi Todd
Sign me up to help out with the juniors (maybe I will learn something from them  ;D ;D ;D ;D)
What ever i can do to help.
Marty

Ben Worley

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2017, 11:20:29 AM »
Hi Todd,

Confirmed team list for the Soldier Palmers

Ben Worley
Simon Culver
Dave Norbury
Adam Sinclair
Jamie Nairn

Looking forward to visiting in September, any tips from the regulars in terms of what flies and equipment to bring would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:24:31 AM by Ben Worley »

Kevin Cucheron

• Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Team Assistant Coach
  • 5 Star Member
  • BCCFFL Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2017, 05:50:46 AM »
Hi Todd

I will be driving out for this event and have my truck so I can drive (max 6) and will also be supplying a drouge
Team Kingfisher member

If someone says you fish too much, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2017, 02:07:57 PM »
UPDATE FOR AUGUST 2, 2017:

Good day everyone,

I’m sending this update in order to inform you that it’s time to complete and send in your registration and entry fees for the 2017 North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship (see attachments below). Entry fees are due on August 15th, 2017. I would request that the captain or manager of each team sends a reply to let me know that you’ve received this email, and then forwards this email and the attachments to their captain, manager, and team mates, as I don’t have all of the competitors’ email/contact information at this time.

REGISTRATION AND FORMS FOR THE 2017 NORTH AMERICAN LOCH-STYLE FLY FISHING CHAMPIONSHIP 
  Please fill out and forward the meal order from along with the attached waiver and registration forms (see attachments below) in order to complete your registration and secure your spot for this year’s event.

Please mail the forms, along with a cheque for $300.00 (CAD) to:
Todd Oishi
25874 102nd Ave
Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
V2W 1K5

E-transfers can be performed by simply sending me a request for the banking information for this event.

MEALS AND LUNCHES
  At this year’s championship, we will be providing lunches on all 3 days of the competition and a dinner at the awards banquet/closing ceremonies. The costs of these 4 meals are included in your registration fees.

A dinner will be served at the Meet & Greet and Opening Ceremonies, which will be held at 6:00pm at the Meadow Creek Golf Club in town of Logan Lake on Wednesday, September 20th . The cost for the meals and drinks at the Meet & Greet and Captain’s Meeting, is the responsibility of the competitors and are not included in your entry fees.

The meal at the Opening Ceremonies/Meet & Greet will include a delicious hamburger with all the trimmings, Lettuce, Tomatoes, and Cheese, and a Potato Salad. The cost for the meal is $15.45, which includes gratuity and taxes. Please fill out the attached meal order form (see attachments below) for the Opening Ceremonies/Meet & Greet and email it back to me as soon as possible, so I can provide an accurate headcount for the restaurant’s food order from their supplier.

Competition officials will be on hand to address any and all questions or concerns during the Captains' Meeting at the Opening Ceremonies/Meet & Greet, which starts at 6:00pm at the Black Bull Pub, but please feel free to email Todd Oishi should you have any questions or concerns before that time. The meal will be served at 7:00pm with the Captain’s Meeting and draw being performed after the dinner.

Team photos will be taken during the Meet & Greet portion of the evening, so please dress accordingly...

ABOUT THE 2017 NORTH AMERICAN LOCH-STYLE FLY FISHING CHAMPIONSHIPS
  First and foremost, this competition is being held so that participants can have fun; enjoy the company of fellow competitors; improve our fishing skills; share techniques; enjoy a friendly-spirited fly fishing competition, and to celebrate fly fishing in general. It’s also important that we put forward our best effort to minimize any possible negative effect that the competition may have on the fish and these fisheries. Accordingly; all fish caught in the competition must be handled carefully and safely returned to the water in a safe and timely manner. All fishing is to be carried out on a catch-and-release basis using a single barbless or de-barbed hook.

The competition will consist of five, 3-hour sessions of competition that will be held over a period of 3 days on Tunkwa Lake (North and South Sectors); Roche Lake; Corbett Lake (private lake); and Batstone Lake (private lake). Competitors will be divided into five letter groups, with each group consisting of a single member from each team. All of the groups will be competing on the different venues/sectors during all 5 sessions. Team and Individual results will be calculated and posted at Tunkwa Lake Resort each evening, and the final session will be posted at the Awards Ceremony at the Closing Ceremonies Banquet.

NO FISHING PERIOD
   There will be a 12 day no-fishing-policy for all competition venues, which comes into effect at 6:00am on September 5, 2017. All competitors, their agents, and associates are not allowed to fish the competition venues during this period of time. As well, competitors and their agents will not be allowed to fish the competition venues on September 20th.

OFFICIAL PRACTICE SESSIONS
  The 3 Official Practice Days are as follows: September 17th, 18th, and 19th. Teams are responsible for booking their practice times and boat reservations with the resorts, and are encouraged to do so well in advance of their arrival. Competitors are responsible for providing their own drogues and PFDs (Personal Flotation Devices), but may be able to arrange a loaner if the request is submitted far enough in advance.

Both Tunkwa Lake and Roche Lake are public waters, so there are no access fees, only boat rental fees. Corbett Lake and Batstone Lake are private lakes, and charge access fees in addition to their boat rental fees. Team members are able to swap-out at noon without any additional fees being applied (you’re charged a fee for “the number of rods” for each day). I personally recommend that teams book both Corbett Lake and Batstone Lake for the same day, so the team members can swap between the 2 venues at noon, in order to allow them the opportunity to explore both venues, as teams are restricted to a single practice day on the Batstone Lake venue during the 3 practice days (25 minute drive between the 2 venues).

Teams are also restricted to a maximum of 2 practice days with a single boat on the Corbett Lake venue during each of their practice days. Teams are restricted to a maximum of 2 practice days with 2 boats on the Tunkwa Lake and Roche Lake venues. This rule has been put in place to ensure that all of the teams are able to access the lakes during the 3 days of practice.

Due to the distance and travel time (an hour and 45 minutes), teams practicing on the Roche Lake venue would be wise to rent a boat or 2 boats and practice for the entire day. Tunkwa Lake will also require renting a boat and motor for a full day given its size and the time required to fully explore its waters.

BOAT AND ACCESS FEES FOR OFFICIAL PRACTICE SESSIONS
  Competitors are responsible for booking and renting boats for their practice sessions. Boats can be rented from all 4 resorts. Click on the following link (or cut & paste it into your web browser) in order to select the link to a resort that your team wishes to practice on, and to reserve your boats and private lake access: http://www.flyfishingchampionship.com/nalsffc_013.htm

Here are the rental and access fees that have been negotiated for the 4 lake venues:
Roche Lake Resort: $70.00/day for a boat and motor.
Tunkwa Lake Resort: $75.00 /day for boat and motor.
Corbett Lake Resort: $50.00 per rod and $35.00 for a boat and motor.
Batstone Lake: $80.00 per rod and $55.00/day for a boat with oars.
  Transportation to and from the competition venues will be provided on the 3 competition days, but teams are responsible for their own transportation needs or arranging ride-sharing for the practice sessions (please contact Todd if you require assistance with your transportation needs).

SILENT AUCTION
  We are once again requesting that all of the teams bring an item(s) for the silent auction that will be held at the Awards & Closing Ceremonies Banquet at Corbett Lake Lodge on the evening of Saturday, September 23rd. Please remember to bring your items to Corbett lake Lodge on the night of the auction, along your cheque books or cash, and bid generously for the sake of B.C. Children’s Hospital Fund.

Olympic style medals will be awarded to the three top teams: Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Competitors will also be competing for the individual Gold, Silver and Bronze medals. The Awards Ceremony & Closing Ceremonies Banquet will start at 6:00pm on Saturday, September 23rd at Corbett Lake Lodge in Merritt.

This year’s North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship should prove to be the biggest, best, and most exciting event ever!

Thank-you,
Todd Oishi – Organizer of the North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championships

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 06:19:42 PM by Todd Oishi »
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Martin Payne

• 5 Star Member
  • A.K.A. britguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2017, 04:36:38 PM »
Hi Todd
i think you have some old dates mixed in there

June 10th on Wednesday,

Saturday, June 23rd.
 :D :D

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2017, 06:21:24 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D Thanks, Marty! Multitasking is always a challenge while at work. :)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2017, 01:11:16 PM »
Update for August 3, 2017:

Please note that several of teams have enquired about the boat rentals and access to Batstone Lake, so in order to clarify… Each team is only allowed to practice with a single boat during a single day on Batstone Lake. So please book your days on this venue accordingly.

You can swap/rotate team members at any point during the day if you like, but all 5 team members are only allowed access Batstone on the same day. This is rule has been set in place due to the fact that 7 Half Diamond Ranch has set a maximum limit of 6 boats on their lake per day, so we need to ensure that every team will have equal access to this venue during the 3 official practice days.

I would request that the captain or manager of each team forwards this email to their team mates, as I still don’t have all of the competitors’ email/contact information.

Thank-you for your consideration on this matter!

Todd

Kevin Cucheron

• Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Team Assistant Coach
  • 5 Star Member
  • BCCFFL Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2017, 04:33:38 PM »
Hi Todd,

Here are the team assignments for Team Kingfisher for the NALS

Kingfisher Blue
Brian Danilkiewicz - Captain
Colette Stroud
Marty Payne
Bobby Danilkiewicz
Gerald Wolfe

Kingfisher White
Kevin Cucheron - Captain
John Wilkenson
Mike Learmonth
Madoka Myers
John Kent
Team Kingfisher member

If someone says you fish too much, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2017, 05:36:03 PM »
UPDATE for AUGUST 19th:

There is a spot open for a team of 5 competitors, or 5 individuals that would be formed into a team.

As well, one of the U.S.A. teams is looking for someone to replace one of their team members that had to withdraw.

Please post here or email Todd Oishi at: toishis@gmail.com if you wish to register or have any questions.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 08:14:48 AM by Todd Oishi »

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2017, 08:39:57 AM »
I'm very pleased to announce that Team USA Youth has officially registered and confirmed last week that they will be attending this year's North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship!

Here is the roster for Team USA's Youth Team:
Kalvin Kaloz, Pennsylvania - Captain
Holden Price, Pennsylvania
Ben Broscius, Pennsylvania
Martin Dietz, Texas
Joey Patee, Oregon
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 10:33:18 AM by Todd Oishi »

John Wilkinson

• 5 Star Member
  • Abbotsford BC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2017, 10:09:31 AM »
Welcome to the US youth team! You will have a blast guys ;) :)

Johnnyneighbour
****** The Fish Whisperer ******

John Wilkinson

• 5 Star Member
  • Abbotsford BC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2017, 02:12:39 PM »
Ok............ who is ready for some smack talk! ;D

Johnnywantstostirthepot
****** The Fish Whisperer ******

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2017, 07:11:52 PM »
Update for September 12, 2017:
I'm please to announce that we will be using electric motors for the sessions on Batstone Lake. Having electric motors to move the boats around this lake should help to make our time spent on this venue a much more productive and enjoyable experience.

I do however need to find a few spare batteries, so we can ensure that there will be enough to serve as backups for the afternoon sessions. Please post here if you're able to loan your battery for the 3 days of the competition.

Donour Battery List:
Todd Oishi
Chris Puchniak
Brian Danilkiewicz
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 06:28:15 PM by Todd Oishi »