Author Topic: Cortland Competition Euro rod - Cdn Availability? Any other recommends?...  (Read 2519 times)

Ernie Kalwa

• 5 Star Member
  • A.K.A. Ospreys
    • View Profile
Re: Cortland Competition Euro rod - Cdn Availability? Any other recommends?...
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2017, 03:53:40 AM »
Nice review, Sergio! I'm pleased that you're happy with the Cortland nymphing rod.

For others interested, I have two more 3wt 10.5ft rods in stock, and more coming in March/April, just in time for the Spring. Just message me to purchase or reserve one.

--Ernie.

Ivo Balinov

• Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Team Assistant Coach
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Hanak makes a number of nymphing rods designed by the best Czech anglers (which is more or less the best nymphing anglers, LOL)
At Smart Angling we can bring any model to you at prices comparable to what you would pay in Europe (we are the Hanak distributor for Ontario and Quebec).

Here are a few models:
Alpen Nymph # 3 offers four lengths in one rod trough a system of extensions:    2,90 / 3,05 / 3,20 / 3,35 m   ; $ 484.38 CAD
Czech Nymph Champion V # 3, four lengths in one rod 2,75 / 2,90 / 3,05 / 3,20m; $ 484.38
Czech Nymph IV # 2,  2 lengths in one rod:   2,75 / 2,90; $ 419.58

Drop me a line if you need more information.

Cheers,
Ivo

Andy Larkin

• 5 Star Member
  • Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
A lot of the lower price point Hanak rods are great  (for the price)!

When I stocked them at Robinsons I found the Alpen nymph and multi-extension Rods to be a bit too soggy and heavy for my taste and the price.

If you can get your hands on it the SuperLight 396 is the holy grail  of all non-Czech built esn  nymphing rods 👏🏻 

Ivo Balinov

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
We sell the Superlight as well, but that is a whole different level of quality and price: $ 808.38 CAD

We also bring in limited numbers of the Maxia MX: $ 750 CAD
They are a very small factory in Spain that does not produce many but the quality is amazing. The 2 wt, 10 ft has been my nymphing weapon of choice of many years and in my view is far superior to anything that that the big brands have put on the market.

Finally, we are expecting the first samples of the Arcay Kingfisher nano technology nymphing rods. I will be sharing the reviews as soon as they are tested. We like to test everything before putting it on the Canadian market, even if triple World Champ David Arcay tells us these are the best river rods he has fished. Tentative price for those $ 799.

Ernie Kalwa

• 5 Star Member
  • A.K.A. Ospreys
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

Just a reminder that ELK Trading Co. is the Canadian authorized importer and dealer of the new Cortland 4piece Competition Nymphing rods! We have two models in stock, but order soon, as they sell-out fast, and we get shipments about every 2-3 months:

10.5ft 3wt
10.5ft 4wt

We haven't put them up on our website yet, but can ship them to you anywhere in Canada for $350 CAD each including shipping.

They retail for $249 USD (=$330 CAD) PLUS shipping PLUS 15% in customs/duty/taxes, so this is a great deal!

We can also supply the Cortland 0.022" braided-core nymphing fly-lines, which are fantastic for Spanish nymphing.

Drop me an email at info@elktradingco.com and we can arrange payment by Interac email money transfer or Paypal (add 4%).

Cheers,
-Ernie.

Ernie Kalwa

• 5 Star Member
  • A.K.A. Ospreys
    • View Profile
Re: Cortland Competition Euro rod - Cdn Availability? Any other recommends?...
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2018, 06:34:30 AM »
SPECIAL DEAL for Canadians for the month of October 2018!!!

Cortland Competition Nymphing rod, 10.5ft 3wt 4pc brand-new with factory warranty for $300 CAD all-inclusive shipped anywhere in Canada by Expedited Parcel (shipping on Tuesdays only)! Payment accepted by Interac EMT only.  Current stock of four (4) rods to sell and ship PRONTO!

PM me or email info@elktradingco.com with your shipping address and any questions.

ACT FAST for this great DEAL!