Author Topic: Maple Ridge Fly Tying Night: Perdigon Nymphs for Winter Trout and Whitefish  (Read 695 times)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship

The Innovative Fly Fisher Forum's Fly Tying Night will be held in the private dining room at the Home Restaurant in Maple Ridge from 6:00pm - 9:00pm on Tuesday, November 7, 2017. Everyone is welcome to attend our open fly tying nights and join in on a fun and informative night out on the town!

The theme for November's Fly Tying Night will be "Perdigon Nymphs for Winter Trout and Whitefish...I'll do a brief tying demonstration, and will be tying some perdigon style nymphs (Spanish nymphs) for those who are interested in peeking over my shoulder. Fly tyers are free to tie whatever they'd like to tie. I'll leave the floor open to others that are willing to share a few of their favorite pattern(s).

This is a great chance for you to refill the vacant slots in some of your fly boxes, and prepare for next season's recreational angling trips and competitions. It's also a great way to learn a few new tips and meet some other fly tyers in your region, and join in on the conversations/fishing stories from this past season.

The Home Restaurant is a family-oriented restaurant, so youths are welcome. They aren't charging us for the use of their private banquet room for our tying nights, but the deal is that you'll have to order either a meal or appetizer, or a pie and coffee, tea, or pop in order to fill a spot at the table ( I can personally testify that they make the best coffee and pies in town!!! ).

This is truly a fun time with a great group of people/fly tyers. It's also a great way to hone your fly tying skills and learn some new patterns, so please consider coming out to join in on the fun and share a few laughs! Newcomers to the forum and non-members are most welcome at this and all of our events!! :)

Please email Todd Oishi at: toishis@gmail.com or post on this thread if you plan to attend, so I can get an accurate headcount for the seating.

List of attendees:
1. Todd Oishi
2. Greg Buerk
3. Scott Schell
4. Brian Danilkiewicz
5. Bobby Danilkiewicz
6. Mart Paul
7. Russel
8. Len Kool

----------------------------------------------------------

Here's the address for the Home Restaurant:
21667 Lougheed Hwy
Maple Ridge, BC
V2X 2S2
Phone: 604-476-1600

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 07:36:27 PM by Todd Oishi »
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Please post a response in order to confirm that you will be attending this event, or it will be cancelled if there is not enough participants to secure the room at the Home Restaurant.

Thanks,
Todd
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Greg Buerk

• 4 Star Member
  • A.K.A. Greg b
    • View Profile
Looking forward to it Todd. Good luck to all at Mill Lake tomorrow.
Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

Brian Danilkiewicz

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
It looks like I should be able to make this
Team Kingfisher

len kool

• View Profile
should be there as well.

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Just a reminder about tonight's fly tying night. The pattern that I'll be demonstrating is extremely effective and definitely a "must have fly" for all competitive and recreational fly fishers...