Author Topic: Glimpse Lake Loch-Style Fly Fishing Competition - June 16, 2018  (Read 77 times)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Glimpse Lake Loch-Style Fly Fishing Competition - June 16, 2018
« on: December 20, 2017, 11:44:54 AM »

Details:
1.   Date: Saturday, June 16, 2018
2.   Venue: Glimpse Lake
3.   Maximum number of Participants: 40 competitors/20 teams (competitors will fish as teams of 2 competitors)
4.   FIPS-Mouche Rules
5.   Entry Fees: $10.00 (funds go towards the cost of medals for this event and the Youth Team Members Fund).
6.   Eligible fish species: Rainbow Trout.
7.   Minimum length for scoring points: none
8.   Number of sessions: 2 Sessions
9.   Time Period for each session: 3 hours
10. No-Fish-Period: This venue is closed to fishing as of 6:00am June 2, 2018.
11. Motors: "Electric Motors Only" regulation
12. Flies must be out of the water when the boat is under power (while rowing or motoring)
13. Competitors, while fishing, must remain seated, and may use a seat with a cushion (of a maximum depth of ten centimeters) and back rests
14. Medals will be presented to the top 3 competitors and teams at this competition.

Competition Points: 600 point scale on the British Columbia Competitive Fly Fishing League's Leader Board (1 day event based on 24 participants).
Competition requirements: Minimum of 24 competitors required to maintain 600 point scale.

FFC Competition Status: Level 4 Mini-competition with a point scale based on the NRPs of the top 5 competitors (360 maximum point scale).

REGISTRATION OPENS AT 6:00PM ON FEBRUARY 2, 2018
Registration is accepted on a first come, first served basis. Early registrations will not be accepted. Competitors must email Todd Oishi at: info@innovativeflyfisher.com in order to register for this event.

I can arrange loaner drogues and thwart boards for those who need them. Please post a request so I can track the numbers and ensure that I bring enough for those that need to borrow them.

This competition will allow participants a unique opportunity to participate in a friendly-spirited competition, and to gain some additional competition experience.

This will be the second loch-style competition of the 2018 season for the British Columbia Competitive Fly Fishing League's Leader Board. Please mark this event on your calendar and respond here or email me at: info@innovativeflyfisher.com to confirm that you're interested in attending this competition.

We really want to encourage newcomers and fly fishers of all skill levels to come out to this fun and social event, and see what this competition and our group is all about. No previous competition experience necessary. It's going to be a fun and informative event, so don't delay and sign-up today! :)

Schedule of Events:

Boats go in the water at 8:00 am
Competitors’ Meeting: 8:30 am
Session 1: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Lunch Break: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm (hamburgers and hot dogs sale, so bring some money to help support the Youth Team's fundraiser)
Session 2: 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Final results and medal presentation: 5:00 pm

Please indicate the name of your teammate and if you'll be supplying a boat and electric motor
(Individuals will be paired up for this event)

List of Registered Participants:

Individual Competitors looking to form a team:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 07:52:08 PM by Todd Oishi »
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...