Author Topic: 2018 British Columbia Provincial Rivers Fly Fishing Championship: Princeton, BC  (Read 5740 times)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Here are the Team and Individual Results after the 5 sessions of the 2018 British Columbia Provincial Rivers Fly Fishing Championship:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the NRPs that were earned for Fly Fishing Canada's National Ranking Points Leader Board:

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 11:25:06 AM by Todd Oishi »
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
I just wanted to express my sincerest gratitude and appreciation to all of the competitors, volunteer, and guests that participated at this past weekend's Provincial River Fly Fishing Championship in Princeton, British Columbia!

Competitors came from all across British Columbia and Alberta, and some from as far away from North Carolina and Colorado, USA. There were plenty of stories about "the one that got away" and dropped fish, but still there was an impressive total of 814 fish that were scored (catch and release) during the 5 sessions of this year's 2 day championship.

A special thank-you to Brian and Bobby Danilkiewicz, Mike Learmonth, and Chis Puchniak for gathering the score cards and helping with the score keeping! And HUGE big thank-you and round of applause to those of you that drove the competitors to their river beats!!!

Here are a few photos of the group at the Competitors Meeting on the first morning of the championship:

For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Here are the individual and team medalists for the 2018 British Columbia Provincial Rivers Fly Fishing Championship...

2018 British Columbia Provincial Rivers Fly Fishing Championship Individual Medalists:
Left to Right: Michael Oishi - Bronze; Chris Puchniak - Gold; Todd Oishi - Silver.

2018 British Columbia Provincial Rivers Fly Fishing Championship Gold Medal Team: Team Cormorants
Left to Right: Chris Puchniak; Todd Oishi; Robert Stroud; Michael Oishi; John Nishi

2018 British Columbia Provincial Rivers Fly Fishing Championship Silver Medal Team: Troot Legends
left to right: Colette Stroud; Mackenzie Harmston; Evan Paterson; Ryan Peck; Matt Dirksen

2018 British Columbia Provincial Rivers Fly Fishing Championship Bronze Medal Team: King Fisher White
Left to right: Matthew Mikes; Kevin Cucheron; John Wilkinson: Mike Learmonth; Brian Danilkiewicz