Author Topic: 2019 Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Championship: April 26 - 28, 2019  (Read 7256 times)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Re: 2019 Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Championship: April 26 - 28, 2019
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 07:10:33 AM »
Thanks Nolan! I've added your father to the volunteer list.

Cheers,
Todd
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Jakob_Blessin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2019, 12:03:39 PM »
Lookin first forward to being out on the water!

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2019, 07:11:51 AM »
I am very pleased to announce that Carihi Secondary School, in Campbell River, has registered 6 members of their fly fishing club for this year's Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Championship!

For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Mike Learmonth

• Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Team Assistant Coach
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2019, 12:25:40 PM »
Great news!
This competition is going to be a ton fun.

Team Kingfisher member

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2019, 05:36:56 AM »
UPDATE FOR JANUARY 30, 2019:

VENUES:

The venues for the 2019 Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Championship have been selected. These venues were selected in order to ensure an enjoyable angling experience is had by all participants, volunteers, and spectators.

Please note that all competition venues are closed to fishing as of April 8, 2019 for all competitors and their agents and fishing buddies.

COMPETITION VENUES:
Stave River (Maple Ridge side of the river)
Stave River (Mission side of the river)
Mike Lake
Rolley Lake

OPENING CEREMONIES and COMPETITION STAGING AREA:
Hatch Match'r Fly & Tackle
22935 Lougheed Hwy, Maple Ridge B.C.

CLOSING CEREMONIES:
The Ranch Pub & Grill at the Maple Ridge Equestrian Center
21973 132nd Avenue, Maple Ridge, B.C.

TEAMS:
Competitors will compete as teams of 4 competitors. Individuals will be assigned to a team, but competitors are free to build their own teams if they choose. Teams will work together and share their intel and information that they gather during the championship in order to ensure the best possible result for their team.

Competitors and teams will be assessed for their ability to function as team players and sportsmanship, by the coaches of the Canadian Youth National Team that will be attending this event.

There will be 4 letter groups, which will be drawn at the Competitors Meeting on Friday, April 26, 2019 with 6 competitors fishing in each group. This will result in a total of 6 competitors fishing on each venue during all 4 sessions.

AWARDS AND MEDALS:
Medals will be awarded to the top three teams and individuals, and the "Top Rod Trophy" to the 1st Place Individual of this championship.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 10:02:31 AM by Todd Oishi »

Callum Learmonth

• Fly Fishing Canada Member
  • Team kingfisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2019, 06:48:51 AM »
Hey Todd I would like to team up with slate for the competition and Ill let you know the other two soon
Team kingfisher

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2019, 08:17:45 AM »
That's great to hear, Callum! Can you send or post the name of your team?

Jay Giasson

• Fly Fishing Canada Member
  • 4 Star Member
  • Live Love FISH
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2019, 10:34:38 AM »
I'd love to help out in any way if needed if not I'll just come to watch the excitement, thanks looks like this will be a great event for our youths, tight lines everyone!!!
🎣🐟

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2019, 11:39:16 AM »
Much appreciated! Thanks Jayson!!

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile

Meet the 2019 competitive fly fishing team attending this year's national championships! They continue to work hard to fundraise and train! We look forward to the release of our upcoming newspaper article. So stay tuned.

If you still haven't purchased tickets for our cinema event on April 4th, check our event post or message us.

Members of the team are listed below in order from left to right:

Coach and Teacher Nic Pisterzi, Matthew Ravai, Fiona Nobles, Seth Bisson, Nolan Wood, Rochelle Helstrom, David Johnson, Luke Dirom, Walker Kitts, Jared McAneeley, and Finnley Goodliffe.

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Update for March 14, 2019:

I am trying to find volunteers with minivans to shuttle the 5 or 6 competitors in each group to and from the venues on both competition days. Drivers will be free to stay and watch the sessions and cheer on the competitors.

Please respond here or email Todd Oishi at: toishis@gmail.com if you can help or have any questions.

Thanks,
Todd

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
We currently have 18 youths registered for the 2019 Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Championship and are looking for 6 more Canadian youths between the age of 13 to 18 to fill the roster for this fun and informative event. No previous competition experience necessary, as there will be coach staff and mentors available to help you prepare.

We are also looking for more volunteers, so please consider registering as a competitor or volunteer if you'd like to participate or help at this event. Contact Todd Oishi at: toishis@gmail.com for more information or to register for this event.

Thanks,
Todd

Ross Pearson

• 5 Star Member
  • Langley, BC Canada
    • View Profile
Todd I do not have thwart boards for my boat, do you have an extra set, or should I put some together? 56 across the gunnels I think.
Ross

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
I'll bring a set of thwart boards for you. Thanks again for volunteering!! :)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 03:59:31 PM by Todd Oishi »

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
We are looking for several more volunteers to serve as controllers for the 2 days of the river sessions that are being held in Maple Ridge on April 27th and 28th. Please post on this thread or contact Todd Oishi at: toishis@gmail.com for more information regarding volunteering or registering as a competitor for this event.

Thanks,
Todd