Author Topic: Finally  (Read 376 times)

Utah_Jay

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Finally
« on: July 24, 2018, 05:34:45 AM »
This is my 3rd week in Scotland (work trip) and I have been able to fish one day a week so far, but hoping to get in some evenings this week as well.  Yesterday was the first day I caught anything of significance, as the fish from the River Clyde (1st week) and the River Tummel (last week) were very small.  I fished with Dave Downie as per Todd Oishi’s suggestion the first two weeks and he really helped me out a lot as those were my first two days ever nymphing.  I also checked out a small river in Haddington, but only caught one there in a two hour session.

I must say that I am hooked (pun intended) on this style of fishing.  I did a fair amount of practice in the yard and pool at home before coming over here, and being equally proficient at both left and right handing casting is a huge bonus.

Anyway, here are a few pics from the trip so far:
In the learning mode :)

Scott Voisin

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Finally
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 06:14:16 AM »
Congrats.  Its always fun to fish new water and to start learning and understanding a productive method just increases the satisfaction level.  Enjoy!
Good things come to those who wade.
instagram.com/mostly_trout

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 08:54:09 AM »
Definitely jealous of your adventure!
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 04:05:40 AM »
Missed this post. Glad to hear that you hooked up (pun also intended) witness David!

Welcome to the addiction of nymphing! 😉
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...