Author Topic: ten minutes on a pool...  (Read 113 times)

Gary Hanke

• Competition Organizer
  • 5 Star Member
  • Edmonton, Alberta
    • View Profile
ten minutes on a pool...
« on: September 04, 2018, 11:30:48 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9mUjk8xoGU

Total of 31 casts in ten minutes...
Flyfishing is my love and flytying is my mistress
PRO-tyer-for-Semperfli-Essential-Fly
Cdn. Distributor for, Semperfli, Hends Products, Eikre Rods and Reels, Stonfo, Hanak Competion, Eastslopes Distributor Ltd.
Fmr. Team Captain 2015 Worlds Championship-Bosnia

Scott Voisin

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: ten minutes on a pool...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 12:08:02 PM »
In ten minutes you should be able to make a lot more than 31 casts, if you just wouldn't have wasted so much time catching all those fish.
Good things come to those who wade.
instagram.com/mostly_trout

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 12:16:31 PM »
Yeah, catching fish is often the number one reason why you don't have time to catch more fish!  Lol.
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.

Francois Dallaire

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 02:33:09 PM »
Perfect training grounds.  Go back there and try all sorts of funky stuff! Dries, streamers cigarette butts. 8x, 2x, walk all over it and see how much time it takes before they take again.  Good stuff man!

Gary Hanke

• Competition Organizer
  • 5 Star Member
  • Edmonton, Alberta
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 06:18:57 PM »
Haha guys to funny on all the comments. Funny how fish get in the way of fishing.

Earlier that day on the same hole we fished about ten minutes. The first round we picked up 9 fish two of which were in the 19" class. The second round I think I caught every thing around them. The log jam was interesting as it went back at least 5 feet and to manipulate the angles of the line to get in as deep as possible was interesting. This particular hole is right in front of a very well used campground. There was at least 12 people at the campground that had walked past it or quickly ran a dry fly through it. One guy said that at least 40 people fished it in the past 4 days and didnt think there was any fish still in the hole.....interestingly earlier on the first round anything I offered was taken within reason. As long as the Czech Nymphs were a #6-8 in orange or Olive they caught fish. The tag flies used were pink Perdigons, Black, Orange and olive as well. A Black Pennel with the tail removed and a chartreuse Caddis pupa also caught fish....I dropped from 5 x to 6X but should have played with even lighter tippets. Next that will happen.
There was a few larger cutties around none the less.
Flyfishing is my love and flytying is my mistress
PRO-tyer-for-Semperfli-Essential-Fly
Cdn. Distributor for, Semperfli, Hends Products, Eikre Rods and Reels, Stonfo, Hanak Competion, Eastslopes Distributor Ltd.
Fmr. Team Captain 2015 Worlds Championship-Bosnia