Author Topic: "Match the Hatch" River Fly Fishing Competition - August 25, 2019  (Read 1900 times)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Re: "Match the Hatch" River Fly Fishing Competition - August 25, 2019
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2019, 01:00:14 PM »
There's room for 3 more competitors to register for this event. Don't be shy, and come join in on a fun day on the water with a great group of guys! No previous competition angling experience necessary. This will be a great introduction for newcomers and rookies that are wanting to learn more about our sport through participation at these events.

A fun and informative time is guaranteed!

Please post a reply here or contact me at toishis@gmail.com to register or for more information.

Thanks,
Todd
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 08:21:44 AM »
Please note that there will be 4 youths attending this competition (and they're very keen and eager), so please consider registering for this event and helping us to coach/mentor them at this event.

Thank-you!
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 09:26:35 AM »
Greetings fellow competitors,

I sent an email to those that are registered for the 2019 “Match the Hatch” Fly Fishing Championship. Please respond with a quick “I will be attending” confirmation, so we will can verify that you will be attending this year’s championship, which takes place on Sunday, August 25, 2019.

It is critical that everyone responds as soon as they receive today's email, and attends this event once they’ve committed to attending it, so everyone will have a fishing partner and we will have a proper balance within all of the groups, and so we will have sufficient time to find any replacements if necessary.

Here is the current list of teams and competitors that are registered for this year’s championship:
 1. Todd Oishi
2. Brian Danilkiewicz
3. Stanton Jack
4. Seth Bisson - Youth Team Member 
5. Bobby Danilkiewicz
6. Jessie Tierney - Youth Team Member
7. Raymond Lau
8. Ryland Treloar - Youth Team Member
9. Rochelle Helstrom - Youth Team Member
10. Martin Payne
11. Jayson Giasson
12. Billy Wilms                                                 
13. Mike Gagnon                                                 
14. Terri Nicholls                                                   
15. Derek Ayers
16. Looking for an angler to participate

We are short a few competitors, so please feel free to invite a friend along for a fun day on and off the water!

Best regards,
Todd Oishi
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 07:32:09 PM by Todd Oishi »

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2019, 08:45:16 AM »
We are looking for an angler to volunteer to fill the final spot on the roster. Your assistance in finding one more person would be greatly appreciated!

Please post here or contact Todd at:   toishis@gmail.com   if you know someone that might be interested or if you would be willing to participate and help us fill the final spot for this event.

Each of the 4 groups will have at least one member of our Youth Team (all four are rookies), so they would benefit from your help and any mentoring that they might receive.

Thanks!! :)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2019, 11:50:59 AM »
An email with the beat maps, waiver forms, rotations, and other details was sent out to all registered competitors early this morning. Please post here or contact Todd if you didn't receive it.

Also, we are still desperately searching for one more competitor for this competition, so please share this with any anglers that you might know, so we will have a balanced number of competitors in each group, or consider signing up for this event!

The current weather forecast and water conditions are absolutely ideal, which should make this a very high-fish-numbers event, so please consider signing up, so you won't miss out on the fun. Please remember that if you're hoping to improve your standings on the British Columbia Fly Fishing League's Leader Board, that this is the fifth and final river competition of the season!!

Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 07:24:21 AM by Todd Oishi »

Norm Godding

• Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Team Assistant Coach
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2019, 10:34:13 AM »
Hi Todd, if you are still looking for 'one more', I can come out on Sunday. Will have to change modes after fishing the Upper Missouri, but did a little nymphing on the way home on Michelle Creek and the Similkameen, so should be okay???

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2019, 11:12:11 AM »
Hi Norm. That would be greatly appreciated!!!

I'll register you for this event and send you the details shortly.

Cheers,
Todd