Author Topic: The End of the Maple Ridge Fly Tying Nights  (Read 505 times)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
The End of the Maple Ridge Fly Tying Nights
« on: May 24, 2019, 07:22:01 PM »
Notice:  The Maple Ridge Fly Tying Nights have officially come to an end due to poor attendance, as we need to have a minimum number of participants in order to reserve the room at the Home Restaurant.

Thank-you to all of the fly tyers that have come out for the fly tying nights over the years. I will miss the laughs and great time spent with all of you!

Cheers,
Todd
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 08:02:04 PM by Todd Oishi »
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Stanton Jack

• Fly Fishing Canada Member
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: The End of the Maple Ridge Fly Tying Nights
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 08:43:16 PM »
Sad to hear this Todd. I really enjoyed the evenings I was able to make it out there. Would have liked to make it to more of them, but unfortunately Tuesday evening is a big work night for me. Thanks for putting it together and it was great to meet the anglers I don’t regularly see at the comps. 🍻🎣

"Someday the mountain might get me, but the law never will" - Waylon Jennings

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 07:26:31 AM »
Aw, that sucks.  But I didn't help either, as most nights during the week I was busy so only made it out once.  Sorry to hear it end.
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.

Greg Buerk

• 5 Star Member
  • A.K.A. Greg b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 01:20:18 PM »
That’s too bad Todd. I really appreciate the effort you made in organizing these nights. I learned a ton and had some good laughs. Sorry I missed the last two but fishing took priority, I am sure you understand that one. All the best to you, Brian, Greg and all others that came out.
Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 02:45:36 PM »
No worries, Greg. Thanks again for coming out and sharing some of your patterns. I really enjoyed the time that we spent together at the fly tying nights.

I hope that our paths will cross some time soon, and hopefully it'll be on a body of water that's full of willing fish! :)
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Martin Payne

• Fly Fishing Canada Member
  • 5 Star Member
  • A.K.A. britguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 06:35:17 PM »
yeh sorry to hear that Todd as you put a lot into them, Tuesdays is a tough night for me too due to my work meetings that afternoon
wish i could have attended more of them