Author Topic: Bank Fishing  (Read 2807 times)

Marc Bilan

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bank Fishing
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 07:42:14 PM »
I can definitely appreciate the desire to keep it even.  I haven't been to all of the lakes used in the Summer series, but Mill came to mind that it could handle a half loch half bank style comp.  I didn't realize you'd wanted to keep the Summer series just loch style though.  That does change things.  :)

Doug Thorpe

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 10:52:34 PM »
I think there is a low elevation trophy fishery near kamloops that has good bank access, I dont know on fish amounts though due to the trophy aspect.  Also the location might make it tougher for some people.
I chase the allure of standing in a river, casting dries in an attempt to watch that beast come up and take my fly.  Then I usually blow it by setting the hook to soon....

Alex Berger

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 12:28:35 AM »
The first think that comes to my mind, an senior gentlemen  sitting on a chair on the river bank, fishing with a long rod!   ha ha!  but this is not my case yet, I will quit before then!!

bank fising is ideal  when the circumstance allow  and when I  target the fish with dry flies.

there are two considerationsl:

1.  in order to  camouflage, when possible, I like to  hide behind a rock, a bush or a tree  to stay next to them to "one single object."  Sometimes  I kneel, sit, or even lay flat on my belly.

2. Since probably there are no back casts,  role cast, or..  so the anglers must be know his casting. 
"Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave..
Walt Whitman