Author Topic: 2012/2013 West Coast Rivers Winter League - Southwestern British Columbia  (Read 7603 times)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Re: “West Coast Rivers Winter League" in Southwestern British Columbia
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 06:02:15 PM »
That's great Claude! We'd love to have you out for a few of the competitions! We even have a member of Team USA that's been driving up from Seattle to attend the last 2 competitions (3+ hour drive).

The sign-up for the next competition is tomorrow at 6:00pm. Here's a link for more information: http://innovativeflyfisher.com/forum/index.php?topic=665.msg4168#msg4168
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 04:05:55 PM »
Here are the current standings for the 2012/2013 West Coast Rivers Winter League - based on the results of the first 3 competitions with a total of 20 competitors/participants:

The standings on the leader board and the Top 5 positions could potentially change quite dramatically after the results of Competition #4 (The Dynamic Dual) on February 17th are added to it. Check out the points that will be awarded for the placings at this competition (based on 16 competitors in attendance):

1st place=  400 points
2nd place= 320 points
3rd place= 267 points
4th place= 229 points
5th place= 178 points
6th place= 145 points
7th place= 123 points
8th place= 107 points
9th place=  89 points
10th place= 76 points
11th place= 67 points
12th place= 59 points
13th place= 52 points
14th place= 46 points
15th place= 41 points
16th place= 36 points
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Randy Paskall

• BCCFFL Member
  • 5 Star Member
  • Wiley Coyote should have tried a fly rod!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 04:30:07 PM »
Yeah, my luck is about to run out I think. Hopefully there will be a few fish in there that don't know my song and dance already and I can stay alive. Looking at all those blanks from over here is pretty daunting especially when you start looking at the names beside them.
We'll see what we see when we see it however, as I said 'tude is at least a portion of everything and 'tude I have. 
Sorry, but you weren't catching that fish anyway.....

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: West Coast Rivers Winter League
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2013, 01:48:46 PM »
Here are the current standings for the 2012/2013 West Coast Rivers Winter League - based on the results of the first 4 competitions with a total of 27 competitors/participants:

It's a tight race, where a strong finish at either of the 2 remaining competitions of the Winter League could dramatically change the standings on the Leader Board after the results of of these competitions are added to it. Keep in mind that the top 4 point finishes of each competitor will determine their final results on the Leader Board, so the results may change just slightly - or not at all - for those of us who have already recorded 4 competitions on the Leader Board...

Check out the points that will be awarded for the placings at this competition (based on 20 competitors in attendance):
1st place=  500 points
2nd place= 400 points
3rd place= 333 points
4th place= 286 points
5th place= 250 points
6th place= 200 points
7th place= 167 points
8th place= 143 points
9th place=  125 points
10th place= 111 points
11th place= 95 points
12th place= 83 points
13th place= 74 points
14th place= 67 points
15th place= 61 points
16th place= 53 points
17th place= 48 points
18th place= 43 points
19th place= 39 points
20th place= 36 points

The next scheduled events on the Innovative Fly Fisher's competitive fly fishing calendar:
March 17, 2013 (Sun): Competition #5 - “Lucky Charms (St. Patrick's Day)”

* Results and updates will be posted within 24 hours of the completion of each competition

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:31:54 AM by Todd Oishi »

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: West Coast Rivers Winter League
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2013, 09:26:39 PM »
Here are the current standings for the 2012/2013 West Coast Rivers Winter League - based on the results of the first 5 competitions, with a total of 30 competitors/participants:

And just to make things more interesting and add a bit of drama to this competition...

It's been a very tight race between Todd Oishi and Russell Miller for Gold and Silver, and these 2 positioned aren't set in stone, as Russell can move past Todd's score and take home the individual gold medal if he can win the 6th and final competition of the Winter League (based on 24 competitors), in fact, we expanded the registration last night to accomodate 24 competitors at the next competition, which would allow Russell to generate enough points to have the chance to win the Gold.

The silver medal is still possible for either Randy Patton or Randy Paskall if either of them can finish in 1st place at this final competition - Oh the drama!!!

A Bronze Medal finish is still achieveable by any competitor within the Top 19 positions, by simply finishing in 1st place at the next competition, and a 2nd or 3rd place finish will make it a possibility for any of the competitors that are currently sitting in the Top 13 positions.

As well.... a 1st place finish from anyone at this competiton could potentially bump them up the Leader Board and into the Top 5 positions. This one will really come down to the wire...

Keep in mind that the top 4 point finishes of each competitor are being used to determine their final results and position on the Leader Board, so some of the results may change only slightly, or not at all, for the competitors that have already recorded 4 or more competitions on the Leader Board...

Check out the points that will be awarded for the placings at the final competition, which takes place on Sunday, April 14, 2013 (based on 24 competitors):

1st place=  600 points   
2nd place= 480 points   
3rd place= 400 points   
4th place= 343 points   
5th place= 300 points   
6th place= 267 points   
7th place= 218 points   
8th place= 185 points   
9th place= 160 points   
10th place= 141 points 
11th place= 126 points   
12th place= 114 points   
13th place= 100 points   
14th place= 89 points   
15th place= 80 points   
16th place= 73 points   
17th place= 67 points   
18th place= 62 points 
19th place= 56 points   
20th place= 51 points   
21st place= 47 points   
22nd place= 44 points 
23rd place= 40 points   
24th place= 36 points

The next scheduled events on the Innovative Fly Fisher's competitive fly fishing calendar:
April 14, 2013 (Sun): Competition #6 - “The Emergence”

* Results and updates will be posted within 24 hours of the completion of each competition

Here's a sneak preview of the medals and trophy that will awarded to the top 3 individuals and the Top Rod of the 2012/2013 West Coast Rivers Winter League...

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 12:12:15 PM by Todd Oishi »

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: West Coast Rivers Winter League - Southwestern British Columbia
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2013, 12:10:59 PM »
Here are the final results for the 2012/2013 West Coast Rivers Winter League - based on the top 4 finishes of each competitor; 6 competitions; and a total of 31 competitors/participants:

Congratulations to the medalists, and to those who came out and braved the unpredictable weather and challenging fishing conditions!

Medalists (left to Right): Randy Patton (bronze); Todd Oishi (gold); and Russell Miller (silver)

I'd also like to sincerely thank everyone that participated and made this such a successful event, which ultimately proved to be a superb learning experience for all and especially the members of the Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Team.

I hope that everyone enjoys the springtime and summer months, and I'll see all of you (and hopefully a few more new faces) at the competitions when the West Coast Rivers Winter League resumes in the fall!!

Cheers,
Todd