Author Topic: Leader Board for the 2012/2013 West Coast Rivers Winter League  (Read 4250 times)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Re: Leader Board for the West Coast Rivers Winter League
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 02:16:56 PM »
Here are the final results for the 2012/2013 West Coast Rivers Winter League - based on the top 4 finishes of each competitor; 6 competitions; and a total of 31 competitors/participants:

Congratulations to the medalists, and to those who came out and braved the unpredictable weather and challenging fishing conditions!

Medalists (left to Right): Randy Patton (bronze); Todd Oishi (gold); and Russell Miller (silver)

I'd also like to sincerely thank everyone that participated and made this such a successful event, which ultimately proved to be a superb learning experience for all and especially the members of the Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Team.

I hope that everyone enjoys the springtime and summer months, and I'll see all of you (and hopefully a few more new faces) at the competitions when the West Coast Rivers Winter League resumes in the fall!!

Cheers,
Todd

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:48:48 AM by Todd Oishi »
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 04:17:41 PM »
Please note that we will be using a new point system for the 2013/2014 West Coast Rivers Winter League, which will reflect the degree of difficulty that is often associated with catching and landing larger size fish, and should help to some of the break ties at these competitions.

The new system for the 2013/2014 West Coast Rivers Winter League will be as follows:
1 point for fish under 20cm
2 points for fish 20cm to 30cm
3 points for fish over 30cm

Thank-you and see you at the first river competition of this series in November...
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Peter Huyghebaert

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 04:24:00 PM »
Way to go Todd, Russell and Randy!!! Nice try Randy #4  - so close .  Special mention to our own Motley Crew'r - Johnybuck - 6th with only 3 comps - and the first season he has tried real "competitive" river methods.  Now if I were a bit younger, and didn't have to take the BC Ferry for every comp - I might just give it a go next year.  Keep me in mind Todd.
I Fish - therefore I am!

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 06:56:39 PM »
Please note that the score of Tyler Wilkinson was missed in the original posting of the Leader Board, and the necessary corrections have been made to the Leader Board. Tyler finished 16th overall, which bumped the competitors below 16th place down one placing.

Well done Tyler, and my apologies for the error.

Cheers,
Todd
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:48:27 AM by Todd Oishi »