Author Topic: Looking For A Job  (Read 2618 times)

Jordan Viveiros

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Looking For A Job
« on: April 02, 2013, 06:30:39 PM »
Hey all,

I'm looking for a full-time job for the summer and if I could work part-time once school starts again in September that would be great. Anything outdoors- or fly fishing-related would be great, but im open to pretty much aything. I would be able to start early May and work until the end of August. If you have, or know of, any job openings, I would very much appreciate the help.

Thank you,
Jordan

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Re: Looking For A Job
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 06:46:52 PM »
I'll keep a watch for you and pass anything along that I might hear about Jordan.

For those of you who don't know Jordan, let me just say that he is a member of our National Youth Fly Fishing Team, and a very pleasant young man. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone that I know.

Best of luck Jordan!
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Jordan Viveiros

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 07:40:02 PM »
Thank you for the kind words and for keeping an eye out for me. I really appreciate it.

Randy Paskall

• BCCFFL Member
  • 5 Star Member
  • Wiley Coyote should have tried a fly rod!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 06:54:21 AM »
Where abouts? Do you have transportation? Any 'skills'? ???
Sorry, but you weren't catching that fish anyway.....

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 09:15:48 AM »
I can't speak for Jordan regarding his skills, but I do know that he does have a driver's license and vehicle...
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Jordan Viveiros

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 10:03:55 AM »
Heres a little about me: I live in Maple Ridge, but I do have my class 5 and a vehicle. I've worked in the bakery at Superstore for 3 years in June so I have experience working with food, as well as doing stock, using pallet jacks, etc. I was in scouts for 13 years and did many hours of volunteer work through that for many different things, some of them being blackberry removal, stream restoration, trail restoration, tree planting, security and parking control at festivals and parades, and teaching some of the younger kids at camps and outings. I have my Standard First Aid ticket and plan to get it renewed when it expires at the end of April. I've earned the Chief's Scout Award, Queen's Venture Award, Bronze and Silver level Duke of Edinburgh Awards with the Gold level almost completed, James M. Longridge Courage Award, and the Medal of the Maple for Distinguished Youth Service. At the Fraser Valley High School Fly Fishing Tournament I won 1st place in the accuracy casting competition in 2009 and 1st place in the distance casting competition in 2010 and am a member of the Canadian National Youth Fly Fishing Team. I love being outdoors and am competent in, and enjoy, doing most everything outdoors.

Mike Learmonth

• Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Team Assistant Coach
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 04:47:34 PM »
Not sure if anything is of interest but say this and thought of your post.

http://www.gofishbc.com/about-us/career-opportunities/career-postings.aspx

Team Kingfisher member

Jordan Viveiros

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 10:26:19 AM »
Thank you Mike! I saw that yesterday as well and am definitely going to look into it.