Author Topic: Fly fishing in river Lim, city of Berane  (Read 1792 times)

Montenegro

• View Profile
Fly fishing in river Lim, city of Berane
« on: August 23, 2013, 12:39:23 AM »
First day of fishing.
Target specie is rainbow trout.

The water is ideal. Again the river changed the course of the new whirlpools, new challenges.
I'm very hopeful, I am full of imagination and dreams, I look like pumped rifle, my senses are at their maximum.
Go hunting. My streamers are curious, constantly looking for prey, falling behind each larger rocks in the water, crawls all suspicious places.
When I passed the fishing area, catches were rarely, with some barely marble trout of 25cm and hucho hucho by 35cm..

In the whole fly fishing area there is only one gold rainbow trout. The one who catch it, pays a drink to his friends tonight!

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Re: Fly fishing in river Lim, city of Berane
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 06:16:30 AM »
Very nice trout and excellent photos Igor! What camera are you using?

I love the tradition of the angler who catches the first golden trout buying the first round of drinks! Are there many of them in your rivers?

Thank-you for taking the time to share your report with us, and bringing us along on your adventure. Please keep them coming!!

Cheers,
Todd
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 06:18:23 AM by Todd Oishi »
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 07:16:18 AM »
Beautiful fish... thanks for sharing.
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.

Montenegro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 01:03:04 AM »
Very nice trout and excellent photos Igor! What camera are you using?

The camers I use it is FujiXP30.

I love the tradition of the angler who catches the first golden trout buying the first round of drinks! Are there many of them in your rivers?

Honestly, this is the first one catched on that day. You know what they say about gold fish. You are the only one to me...:)

Thank-you for taking the time to share your report with us, and bringing us along on your adventure. Please keep them coming!!

Cheers,
Todd

Montenegro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 01:13:46 AM »
Second day of fishing:

River Lim is clear as a whistle, excitement, I can not wait to throw in my streamers. I thrown only streamers by lenght 8-12, strongly intended to catch big fishes. As I had just started to scan a first whirlpool, after only 5 min, the line was weighted! I made a reaction and I thought firstly it was a bottom of the river. No any movements! Oh God, I have to wade through the river to save my streamer! I strained the lin once. Twice! Suddenly, the reaction is born from the other side. Adrenaline in me was exploded! It was a fantastic fight, resulting with strong and healthy rainbow trout. Do you know this beast?

Alex Berger

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 01:18:45 AM »
 I have fished Lim and Ljuca! A fly fishing paradise! 
"Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave..
Walt Whitman

Montenegro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 02:40:15 AM »
I have fished Lim and Ljuca! A fly fishing paradise!

Thanks, Alex! Your positive emotions imposed by visiting rivers Lim and Ljuca supports the same opinion that I have on this. Cheers! :)

Rory E. Glennie

• 5 Star Member
  • "Angling to Exceed Your Expectations"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 08:47:55 AM »
You may well ask; "Do you know this beast?"
If it were caught in my neck of the woods I would have to say it was a hybrid cross between a Rainbow trout and a Cutthroat trout... maybe, since the upper mandible extends well past the posterior periphery of the eye socket and below the lateral line it has a belly full of black spots. Combine that with the prominent red rainbow stripe along its flank and you get... hey wait a minute, what's up with that peculiarly manicured caudal fin? Hmmm.
Beast indeed. GMO trout? Chernobyl mutant? Whatever, it is a fine catch and well done.
Cheers!
Rory
Ghillie -- A wise and discreet waterside companion to genteel fly fishers... that's me.

Alex Berger

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 10:21:22 AM »
Rory, you are very correct!    Pls note they  have Danubian also salmon in the river Lim and it corss breeds with brown trout!
I have seen Danubian salmon and brown trout hybrids in river Sava in Slovenia.   
"Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave..
Walt Whitman

Joel Wiebe

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 06:30:29 AM »
Beautiful rainbow Montenegro!

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 01:35:52 PM »
Good observations Rory...
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.