Author Topic: Anthony Naranja launches Pro Fly Angling Tour  (Read 3078 times)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Anthony Naranja launches Pro Fly Angling Tour
« on: October 16, 2013, 02:38:13 PM »

Please note that this tour and all future Pro Fly Angler Tours have been suspended, pending legal action. Please do not attempt to register or sign-up for this event...

"After 10 years with Fly Fishing Team USA, former US Team Captain, Anthony Naranja launches his newest projectů The Pro Fly Angling Tour.  A completely different format to the US regional/national championship system, the PFA Tour brings the fastest, most technical international fly fishing competition events worldwide. 

Elite level anglers from around the world will be selected to a limited membership to 120 competitors that will compete for top prizes in multiple event locations for 2014. Thousands of applications from potential competitors from various states and countries will be evaluated and a rigorous selection procedure will be performed to finalize the 2014 PFA Tour Elite Fly Anglers.  Event locations for 2014 will be in various areas of the United States searching for the most elite level venues for these prestigious events. 

Financial rewards and video exposure to a worldwide audience for fly fishing is the mission of the PFA Tour in hopes of encouraging more and more people to get outside and enjoy the great outdoors."

Click on the following link to read more about the Pro Fly Angling Tour: http://www.pfatour.org/ 

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:39:13 PM by Todd Oishi »
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
Re: Anthony Naranja launches Pro Fly Angling Tour
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 03:46:12 PM »
Interesting idea of having a Pro Tour tournament such as in Golf (or even as in some of the Bass and Walleye tours).  Done with some taste, I bet it could become very interesting.  I like the concept of going to a set list of venues.
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.

Jeremiah Hamilton

• Competition Organizer
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 06:01:57 AM »
Great TV format  ::)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 06:05:48 AM by Jeremiah Hamilton »

Aaron Laing

• 5 Star Member
  • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 03:30:42 PM »
Yee Haw! Gotta yank that fish outa da salad!

Oh wait, that's the Pro Bass circuit chant :D

Aaron
Randy Patton: "Did you get a picture? Did anyone see it? No? Then it never happened!"

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 04:01:21 PM »
I spoke with a friend who was informed that his application for the Tour was accepted today. He told me that it's going to cost him $5,000.00 per year in fees if he chooses to participate in the 2014 Pro Fly Angling Tour! It sounds like this tour will be attracting some competitors with very deep pockets and/or generous sponsors!
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 04:10:39 PM »
Hey, maybe your shop can sponsor me..  :P

That is a tough amount to spend.  I assume all travel and accomodations is extra.  Be interesting to see how it flies.
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.

Andy Larkin

• Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Team Assistant Coach
  • 5 Star Member
  • Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 03:24:46 PM »
Sudden death tie breakers, bobbicators and split shot.  Sounds pretty wild!