Author Topic: Wet flies series from Sweden  (Read 3022 times)

Micke.H

• 3 Star Member
  • Lilla Edet, Sweden
    • View Profile
    • Scandinavia fly design
Wet flies series from Sweden
« on: October 17, 2013, 10:06:29 AM »
This is the first fly I tied from the Swedish wet fly series named Hede flies, this fly is number:7 whit the Swedish name rallaren

Hede flies is a series of wet flies from the beginning of the 1900 th century by a man who was a shoemaker named Oskar Fick and who lived in Hede in Sweden.

There are only a few drawings and simple pattern lists of Hede flies series available, but I try to stick to it as best I can and tying with materials available today, so colors and appearance will be as close as possible to the original,  the series contains a total of 34 flies

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Re: Wet flies series from Sweden
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 10:14:32 AM »
That's an incredible project and opportunity to preserve a part of your country's fly fishing heritage Micke! I hope you can post them on this forum so all of our members will have the opportunity to enjoy them as well.

Cheers,
Todd
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Micke.H

• 3 Star Member
  • Lilla Edet, Sweden
    • View Profile
    • Scandinavia fly design
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 10:28:24 AM »
Of course I'll post them here Todd, one after the other as soon as they are ready, and there are not so many Swedish fly pattern either, so it'll be fun to tie them  :)

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 10:39:01 AM »
Looks nice Micke.  I will be following these posts closely.  I enjoy working with wet flies when the chance presents itself.
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.

Micke.H

• 3 Star Member
  • Lilla Edet, Sweden
    • View Profile
    • Scandinavia fly design
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 01:07:10 PM »
Looks nice Micke.  I will be following these posts closely.  I enjoy working with wet flies when the chance presents itself.
Hi Chris glad you like it, yes its fun whit wet flies and its so many old pattern to tie and its great fishing flies to

Micke.H

• 3 Star Member
  • Lilla Edet, Sweden
    • View Profile
    • Scandinavia fly design
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 03:10:41 AM »
This is the first fly I tied from the Swedish wet fly series named Hede flies, this fly is number:7 whit the Swedish name rallaren

Hede flies is a series of wet flies from the beginning of the 1900 th century by a man who was a shoemaker named Oskar Fick and who lived in Hede in Sweden.

There are only a few drawings and simple pattern lists of Hede flies series available, but I try to stick to it as best I can and tying with materials available today, so colors and appearance will be as close as possible to the original,  the series contains a total of 34 flies

Micke.H

• 3 Star Member
  • Lilla Edet, Sweden
    • View Profile
    • Scandinavia fly design
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 03:17:19 AM »
Here is another pattern from the Swedish wet flies series Hedeflugorna whit the name the Shoemaker (Skomakaren) and its the number 1 in the series

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 07:30:27 AM »
Very nice! I'm really enjoying this thread, and can't wait to see more of these beauties!!

Thanks again for sharing them with us! :)
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...