Author Topic: Comp #3 2014 BC Provinicial Loch Style Fly Fishing Championships, Sunday, Oct 26  (Read 28220 times)

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
Thanks Todd and Chris!  If my dad and I weren't gone for Whonnock we might have had a different result!

I did however get the joy of explaining the scoring system to him after suffering the woe of Group C and why he was 14th on the day while I got 6th with less fish...

Jim was in the Group of Death I think.
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.

Kevin Cucheron

• Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Team Assistant Coach
  • 5 Star Member
  • BCCFFL Organizer
    • View Profile
Hey,
Congrats to all the medalists and to the fine showing by Chris, Todd and Brian at the finale. It's too bad that I had to miss the event but work duty called.
Thanks again Todd and Chris for all the work you do to make these events happen.
See you all on the rivers hopefully sometime soon.
KC

Team Kingfisher member

If someone says you fish too much, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Martin Payne

• Fly Fishing Canada Member
  • 5 Star Member
  • A.K.A. britguy
    • View Profile
I soundly remember last year when a certain Martin and Matt team had a killer finish and kicked me and Noah out of medal contention... lol./quote]

Lets just say lucky for you guys that Matt could not make the final comp this year
With Matts great come back skills we may have seen a change to the medal winners ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
I soundly remember last year when a certain Martin and Matt team had a killer finish and kicked me and Noah out of medal contention... lol./quote]

Lets just say lucky for you guys that Matt could not make the final comp this year
With Matts great come back skills we may have seen a change to the medal winners ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I see a rematch in the future!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 05:35:03 PM by Chris Puchniak »

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.

Alastair Grogan

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Jim was in the Group of Death I think.

Yeah, Group C.  42 fish caught in our group.  The others had 23 and 28.

At least I caught more fish than Vance, our newest neighbourhood Canadian Silver Medallist.

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
Interesting stat Alastair.

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
Oh yeah, I forgot... it always does feel good to beat someone who is a National Medalist!   ;)

Thanks Vance!

John Wilkinson

• 5 Star Member
  • Abbotsford BC
    • View Profile
Hey Hey! That's my partner! >:( We agreed to take it easy on this one, keep the heat off our new team, play a little coy! 8) Heck I even had to tell Gord to drop a few fish in the afternoon as he started off too good ::). All about team boys and Reel Chaos has a few tricks up our sleeves this winter to really throw you off :o ;D

Johnnysoreass
****** The Fish Whisperer ******

Alastair Grogan

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Hey Hey! That's my partner! >:( We agreed to take it easy on this one, keep the heat off our new team, play a little coy! 8) Heck I even had to tell Gord to drop a few fish in the afternoon as he started off too good ::). All about team boys and Reel Chaos has a few tricks up our sleeves this winter to really throw you off :o ;D

Johnnysoreass

Yeah, but he had to join Team Mustang to win a medal. :) :)

Doug Thorpe

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile

Johnnysoreass

Shots fired!
I chase the allure of standing in a river, casting dries in an attempt to watch that beast come up and take my fly.  Then I usually blow it by setting the hook to soon....

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
 Very wise move by team Reel Chaos... they are already planning for june by planting the seeds in october...

Kevin Cucheron

• 5 Star Member
  • BCCFFL Organizer
    • View Profile
Very wise move by team Reel Chaos... they are already planning for june by planting the seeds in october...

Ahh you got us. I said I had to work but I was only keeping our secrets safe until June.  8)
Team Kingfisher member

If someone says you fish too much, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Thanks for all of the kind words everyone. On behalf of Chris and myself, we'd like to sincerely thank everyone that came out for this year's loch-style fishing championship, and those who brought extra boats, motors, and their barbecues to help cook for the fund-raisers!

These competition are designed to be a fun time and informative learning experience for those that attend. I hope that you will all come out again next year, and I hope to see a few new faces and some of you that have yet to come out for these competitions...

Cheers,
Todd
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Vance Whitley

• 5 Star Member
  • Alberta
    • View Profile
[/quote]
Yup, was just a hired gun!!!! ;D

Vance
Have rod - Will travel  8)
All fishermen are liars except you and me,
and I'm not to sure about you... - unknown