Author Topic: Comp #3 2014 BC Provinicial Loch Style Fly Fishing Championships, Sunday, Oct 26  (Read 28222 times)

Doug Thorpe

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Boat is a 12 ft if I remember correctly.
I chase the allure of standing in a river, casting dries in an attempt to watch that beast come up and take my fly.  Then I usually blow it by setting the hook to soon....

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
I can bring Doug a 25lb thrust electric motor if he wants. LOL may be quicker to row dependant on your boat size?

Good, would you happen to have a battery to match?  Or a half dead one to keep Doug from catching up to the rest of us!
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.

Doug Thorpe

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Chris just keep one thing in mind.

I know where there is a fully charged one, and it happens to be in a boat with camo seats ;)
I chase the allure of standing in a river, casting dries in an attempt to watch that beast come up and take my fly.  Then I usually blow it by setting the hook to soon....

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
Chris just keep one thing in mind.

I know where there is a fully charged one, and it happens to be in a boat with camo seats ;)

Perfect... noah and matt are using that boat and they need a little knocking down as it is!

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.

Doug Thorpe

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Haha k.

Btw please put Jim Thorpe as fishing with me!

Gord Dykstra

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
I can bring Doug a 25lb thrust electric motor if he wants. LOL may be quicker to row dependant on your boat size?

Good, would you happen to have a battery to match?  Or a half dead one to keep Doug from catching up to the rest of us!

Too be very honest with you, the two batteries I have will both be half lifer's. I will bring them both fully charged. Doug should bring his oars for backup. ;D
If only I had a penny for every time I thought about fishing.

Doug Thorpe

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Looks like Matt and Noah might need oars for the second half then  8)

Doug Thorpe

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Btw the timing of this might be perfect, as fall stocking got underway today.

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
That's great to hear Doug! Hopefully they'll be stocking Mill Lake a little closer to the date of the competition.
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
Great to hear!  They usually seem to stock it twice in October, once early and once late, so hopefully that trend will continue!

Martin Payne

• Fly Fishing Canada Member
  • 5 Star Member
  • A.K.A. britguy
    • View Profile
Mill was stocked Thursday ;)

Doug Thorpe

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Sweet, hopefully it is on a three week cycle and not a four week cycle then!

Marc Bilan

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Where did you hear this?  I checked the gofishbc site and they don't have a stocking listed.  They're usually really good about putting it up the day of or the day after.  Nice day to be on the water though.  :)

Doug Thorpe

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Hmm weird seems they havent updated it yet.

Facebook for part of it (FFSBC starting fall stocking) and Rodney's forum as well http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=35201.90

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
I see that Facebook mentions Green Timbers being done.