Author Topic: 2017 North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship  (Read 9107 times)

Claude Cipelletti

• BCCFFL Member
  • 5 Star Member
  • A.K.A. troutseeker
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 07:28:09 PM »
And a bunch of trout bums will take the trophy! :)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 09:16:10 AM »
I wish you and your team great success, Claude! You definitely have a very strong team assembled for this event and have a decent shot at the medals and trophy! :)

I must say that the 2017 North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship is going to be the most challenging and toughest championship in the history of this event, as there are 3 international teams already registered (and hopefully a 4th international team), 16 current and past Team Canada members, 8 current and past Team USA members, and the 8 Canadian teams that have registered are well-established teams and are all serious medal contenders in my opinion!

Earning a spot on the podium at this championship will be a very difficult task and a huge accomplishment for the teams and individuals that will be in attendance.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 07:38:55 PM by Todd Oishi »
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

John Wilkinson

• 5 Star Member
  • Abbotsford BC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 10:18:42 AM »
And Claude... no growing a new stache and hiding in the back corner of a bay, spying on other teams! ;)

Getting Todd to write that in the rule book 8)

Johnnyviolated
****** The Fish Whisperer ******

Claude Cipelletti

• BCCFFL Member
  • 5 Star Member
  • A.K.A. troutseeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 08:18:23 PM »
Haha, that was awesome Johnnydumbfounded! I was having a good chuckle watching you look over your shoulder wondering who was beaking you...

John Wilkinson

• 5 Star Member
  • Abbotsford BC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2016, 06:29:22 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
****** The Fish Whisperer ******

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2016, 09:40:17 AM »
Update for July 29, 2016:

I'm very pleased to announce that we have our 12th and final team registered for the 2017 North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship .

It gives me great pleasure to welcome Team Truchones (Spanish/American Fly Fishing Team) to this event!

Team Truchones:
Luis Esteban Hernandez (Spain)
TBD... (Spain)
Dan Seitz (U.S.A.)
Will Shaw (U.S.A.)
Dave Smith (U.S.A.)
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2016, 08:54:11 PM »
Update for December 20, 2106:

I'm pleased to announce that the Closing Ceremonies & Awards Banquet for the 2017 North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship will be held at Corbett Lake Lodge near the town of Merritt: http://www.corbettlake.ca/dining/

The outstanding view, food, and hospitality that can be expected and experienced at Corbett Lake Lodge will provide the perfect setting for the conclusion of this event, as well as a memorable and enjoyable experience for all who attend this event.

Stay tuned for more updates in the coming weeks...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:03:16 PM by Todd Oishi »

Jason Doucette

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2017, 07:13:12 PM »
If there is a team that finds itself short of individuals, I will be in the area during that time frame. Feel free to message me here or by email jbdmoses@hotmail.com. I am an experienced angler that will be able to help get some fish on the scorecard. All the best.

Jason
Wishing you a memorable's day fishing.

J

Jason Doucette

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2017, 07:20:56 PM »
If there is a team that finds itself short of individuals, I will be in the area during that time frame. Feel free to message me here or by email jbdmoses@hotmail.com. I am an experienced angler that will be able to help get some fish on the scorecard. All the best.

Jason

In addition I have no problem bringing a proper boat with all the necessary equipment.

Thanks.
Wishing you a memorable's day fishing.

J

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 10:32:32 AM »
I'm looking for a volunteer(s) for the lunch committee for this event. This task will involve the making sandwiches in the morning and packing the bag lunches for the competitors for the 3 days of this event: Sept 21 (Thursday); Sept 22 (Friday); and Sept 23 (Saturday).

Please send an email to me at: toishis@gmail.com if you need more details or if you or someone you know would like to volunteer for this very important and much appreciated role.

Thank-you!!
Todd
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:08:32 AM by Todd Oishi »

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2017, 02:36:35 PM »
Update for April 4, 2017:

I'm extremely pleased to announce that Roche Lake Resort has been secured today as one of the 5 venues for the 2017 North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship! The quality fish and angling experience that this incredible venue has to offer will more than make up for the long drive.

This venue will be fished as a "single session day" for all groups, with lunch being catered by Roche Lake Resort (included in the entry fees for this event). The morning and afternoon groups that are on this venue will be able to watch the other group fish their session and sit in the comfort of the resort's patio and have lunch and drinks with their teammates in the other group during the noon break.

Here's a link to their website: www.rockelake.com if you wish to book accommodations for practice and rent boats.

Thank-you,
Todd Oishi - Organizer of the 2017 North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 08:58:37 AM by Todd Oishi »

Mike Learmonth

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2017, 03:33:31 PM »
!!
Love Roche.

Team Kingfisher member

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2017, 04:21:45 PM »
That should be great!
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2017, 03:41:57 AM »
Thanks guys! I've been trying to secure Roche since last fall, so I couldn't be more pleased!

The great thing about this year's event is that the boats on all 5 venues are being rented for the 3 competition days, which is included in your registration fees, so no one will be required to bring their own boat.

Peter Huyghebaert

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017, 08:25:07 AM »
No boat requirement!!!!  Then you can put me on the waiting list Todd, hoping for a team vacancy that needs filling. Being retired, I can do this on a moments notice!!
I Fish - therefore I am!