Author Topic: Fly Patterns of Canada  (Read 1218 times)

Paul C. Marriner

• A.K.A. pmarr
    • View Profile
Fly Patterns of Canada
« on: March 03, 2018, 03:48:04 AM »

Although an infrequent visitor I have contributed. So, I hope you'll forgive this "commercial" announcement. A Compendium of Canadian Fly Patterns by Robert Jones and Paul Marriner has been out of print for some years. To make it available to a new generation of tiers I reworked the content and republished it in several digital formats (pdf, epub, mobi) as Fly Patterns of Canada. Additional information at www.galesendpress.com
Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 08:07:36 AM by Todd Oishi »

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
Re: Fly Patterns of Canada
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 07:18:18 AM »
Nice idea!
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Re: Fly Patterns of Canada
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 08:23:36 AM »
I have a signed copy of the book and highly recommend it! Here's some more information about the digital reversion of Paul's book:

Based on the sold-out print title, A Compendium of Canadian Fly Patterns by R.H. Jones & P.C. Marriner, Fly Patterns of Canada has:
more than 1,600 fly patterns illustrated in full colour recipes for several hundred more (typically variations) in an appendix tying instructions for challenging patterns in an appendix patterns for scores of species with a focus on trout and salmon all habitats and regions represented a variety of interactive features 3 available formats: interactive PDF; reflowable ePub; mobi file for Kindles or Kindle apps

For tablet and larger screens  the PDF is the best choice; for phones the mobi file and a Kindle app offer the best performance.

------------------------------------------------

A recent purchaser wrote: "Thank you for sending the file so quickly, I'm looking forward to trying out some of the patterns you've included. I must say, I really enjoy your books, they're some of my favorite tying references!"
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...