Author Topic: Princeton Area Fishing Report  (Read 815 times)

Brent Davy

• 5 Star Member
  • A.K.A. mastercaster
    • View Profile
Princeton Area Fishing Report
« on: April 23, 2012, 09:00:36 PM »
Some of the local highway lakes around Princeton are opened.  Fished one of them this past weekend with good results.  Fish were mostly hooked on chironomids but they could also be taken on shrimp earlier in the morning, leeches, and large boatmen.  On the way back to the cabin it looked like Chain L. was very close to coming off.  If it didn't happen today I bet it will be tomorrow, especially if they get some wind.

I don't think I have ever started the still water season fishing in such warm weather the last two days!  Hit 27 degrees today!!  I was so warm I ended up having to fish in my boxers and bare feet...LOL

Not a lot of large fish but we did hook a half a dozen each that were over 20'' or larger but there was a ton of smaller ones that kept you're interest up.
I just know that on the day I die someone is going to approach my wife and offer to buy my equipment for the price I told her I paid for it~

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
Re: Princeton Area Fishing Report
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 07:51:52 AM »
Nice Brent - you're sure tempting me to get out!
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Re: Princeton Area Fishing Report
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 09:05:05 AM »
Thanks for the great report and photos to accompany it!

Sounds like an excellent fishery and time to have been on the water.

Cheers,
Todd
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...