Author Topic: 2018 World Fly Fishing Championship, Sept 17-23, 2018, Terme di Comano, Italy  (Read 247 times)

Utah_Jay and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship

This thread is dedicated to discussions, news, updates and results for the 2018 World Fly Fishing Championship, which is being held in Terme di Comano, Italy from September 17 to 23, 2018.

The 38th FIPS-Mouche World Fly Fishing Championship will be held along two rivers: Sarca river and Noce River. The first one comes from the glaciers of the Adamello and flows into Garda Lake, from where it exits with the name of Mincio. 77 km separate the spring from the lake. The second one comes from Corno dei Tre Signori Moutain, at 3360 meters, inside Stelvio National Park.

The championship will have 1 river session on the Noce River; 3 river sessions on the Sarca River; and 1 bank fishing session on Lago di Cornisello.

Here is the official website for the 2018 World Fly Fishing Championship: https://www.wffc2018.com/lang/EN/homepage
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:49:05 AM by Todd Oishi »
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Ionut Cotinghi.

• 5 Star Member
  • A.K.A. ionut_ottawa
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 World Fly Fishing Championship, Sept 17-23, 2018 Italy
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 06:02:08 AM »
Great idea to have a topic for this, Todd. I'll try to keep you all up-to-date here with how things are going. Until September it's all about preparing. This Sunday 3 of us are training together in upstate New York.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 03:08:55 PM by Todd Oishi »

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Here is a link to the results of Session One: https://www.wffc2018.com/en/fly-fishing-world-championship/results-1

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:48:13 AM by Todd Oishi »
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Team and Individual Results after Session 2 of the 2018 World Fly Fishing Championships in Italy...

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:53:37 PM by Todd Oishi »

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Team and Individual Results after Session 4 of the 2018 World Fly Fishing Championships in Italy...

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Team and Individual Results after Session 5 of the 2018 World Fly Fishing Championships in Italy...

Here's a link to the Results Page for the 2018 World Fly Fishing Championship:
https://www.wffc2018.com/en/fly-fishing-world-championship/results-1

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 02:12:44 PM by Todd Oishi »

Utah_Jay

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Its long over, but they are not posting final results online. 

The Team USA made a huge push this morning to jump up to I think 7th. 
In the learning mode :)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Congratulations to team and individual medalists! Very impressive comeback for Team USA, moving from 7th to 4th in the final session!

Well done!!

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
Some impressive angling there,  Top props to the USA for coming back so well after a hard first day.

Well done Spain.

Can't wait to hear the stories when the guys return.
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.