Author Topic: “Chilliwack’s All About Fishing” at Chilliwack Heritage Park on March 9th, 2019  (Read 173 times)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
I was sent the following email message today, and thought that I'd pass this along to someone that would like to organize some of the forum members and take the lead on this on behalf of the forum and Youth Team.

Please post here or email me if you're interested in taking the lead or volunteering some of your time at this event.

Cheers,
Todd

Message Sent From Fishing with Rod:

Hi everyone,

First of all, my apology for the generic email to all the groups at once. I would like to formally invite your organization once again to this year’s “Chilliwack’s All About Fishing” at Chilliwack Heritage Park on March 9th, 2019.

If you have not attended this event in the past, here is some background information. This will be the third year we are hosting the event. The goal of the event is to promote recreational fishing and watershed stewardship. This event is broken up into several sections. There will be one section dedicated to teaching participants how to fish, a section on kids’ activities, a section on fly fishing/fly tying, a section on watershed stewardship/conservation, and new this year will be a section on used fishing tackle sale/swap meet. Past event attendance has been around 2,000 people, we are hoping to see a bigger turnout this year due to the swap meet.

The website of the event is: http://fishingwithrod.com/all-about-fishing/
The Facebook event page is: https://www.facebook.com/events/505162653301580/

The event will be from 9am to 3pm, setup can be done the evening before and also starts at 7am on event day.

If your organization would like to join us once again, please let me know the followings:

1) Organization name.
2) Contact info.
3) Number of volunteers who are coming from your group.
4) Number of tables and chairs you need.

You’re welcome to bring your creative displays. If you have a 10X10 tent and would like to set that up, that will be good too. Donation jars are permitted, but sales of merchandises are not.

Thank you so much and I look forward to see you on March 9th!

Rodney Hsu
Fishing with Rod
604.710.2118=
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...