Author Topic: Thanks for adding me  (Read 900 times)

Philip Bailey

• View Profile
Thanks for adding me
« on: January 21, 2019, 10:44:38 AM »
I am an Australian and have been fly fishing for over 45 Years across all continents and within nearly 50 countries. I have guided in Mainland Australia, Tasmanja and England.
I am the 2018 recipient of the Bernard Venerables achievement for a lifetime of trout conservation work presented by the Wild Tout Trust in the UK.
I am a Technical Director for the Italian Casting style developed by Massimo Magliocco. There are very few directors of this style outside of Italy.
I fish all styles with a preference towards European Nymphing although I have written a book on how to fish traditional soft hackles.
Not a competition angler, I do approach all fly fishing outings as though it is a competition, selecting a beat and fishing it for 2-3 hours before moving on. That approach forces me to improve my technique and to be innovative in approach.
Looking forward to participating in discussion.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 10:50:38 AM by Philip Bailey »

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Re: Thanks for adding me
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 12:11:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Philip! I look forward to hearing about your adventures and experiences. I hope that you will enjoy your time spent on the forum!

Cheers,
Todd
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Graham Byrnes

• 5 Star Member
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 01:20:51 PM »
Great to see you here Philip

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 06:19:12 PM »
Great to see some Aussies here.  Welcome.
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.