Author Topic: !2th Annual Fraser River Cleanup  (Read 729 times)

Gord Dykstra

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
!2th Annual Fraser River Cleanup
« on: March 12, 2019, 07:23:41 AM »
March 23rd will mark the 12th annual Fraser River Cleanup @ Gill Rd. For those that have attended you already know the benefits of this event.
Annually this event has seen increases in participants with close to 600 person last year, with an estimate of 10 plus tonnes of garbage collected annually!!!!!

This event will be held @10:00am-1:00pm. A free BBQ will be provided afterwards for those who participate, there will be small family events taking place as well for the little one. Bring your boots and gloves in an effort to help clean the water shed that provides so much recreation for so many.

Saturday, March 23rd, End of Gill rd.
If only I had a penny for every time I thought about fishing.

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Re: !2th Annual Fraser River Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 07:34:14 AM »
Thanks for posting this, Gord!  It's nice to see the anglers that enjoy using this resource giving back to it. :)
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Gord Dykstra

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 08:05:03 AM »
This serves as a great learning and bonding event for our baseball players and family's early in the season. Kind of 2 birds with 1 stone.

If others are interested in bringing a large group, the organizer has many outlying satellite areas that require cleanup as well. You provide the trucks, bags, man power and bring it all back to Gill rd. for their bins. We have been set up at Jesperson Rd. the last 3 years which is a great safe location for our players, siblings and parents.

I can get you in contact with someone if this is something anyone is interested in.
If only I had a penny for every time I thought about fishing.

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 10:27:12 AM »
I will check and see if I can be there.  One of my sons and I would like to make it out.
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.