Author Topic: Fishing report Adirondack mountains northern section  (Read 79 times)

David Bisnett

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Fishing report Adirondack mountains northern section
« on: July 13, 2019, 02:42:49 PM »
Hey guys , just wanted to share my experience this weekend : yesterday I went to a spot I’ve been going to for more than 40 years to get my fill of Brookies . Although the action wasn’t tremendous as in years past , not too bad , ended up netting 14 ( and 12 chubs lol). The Lost effective setup seemed to be an attractor dry either white wulff or royal size 14 with an 8-10” classic wet dropper , any pattern working but yellow seemed to be the best . The Brookies really seemed to like it when I would dap the dry and wet as I retrieved back , sometimes clearing the water by 2-3” to get to the fly!! Today, went to a stocked river and although I didn’t kill em, did end up with 4 , 2 browns and 2 rainbows , 1 additional rainbow lost and not counted because I lost him at the net . These fish were caught using a thing a mabobber and 3 fly setup. Lotsa fun  :)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Re: Fishing report Adirondack mountains northern section
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 09:26:47 PM »
Sounds like 2 great days on the water! What's the average size for the briok trout?

Thanks for sharing the adventure and your observations! ::)
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

David Bisnett

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing report Adirondack mountains northern section
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 02:38:39 AM »
Most were pretty small but I did catch a few 9-10” deeper in where the worm dunkers can’t get to em 😉