Author Topic: Open Letter of Thanks  (Read 103 times)

Scott Voisin

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Open Letter of Thanks
« on: November 28, 2019, 07:47:14 PM »
    Tomorrow I start my first round of chemo and radiation which will be followed by at least 2 operations and then more rounds of chemo.  We have caught this early and it is going to be overcome, but it is going to be a long winter. 
  I want to send out a big Thank You to all the new friends that I have had the privilege of meeting and fishing with during the past 2 years of competition.  I want to thank all the support and kind words that everyone gave to me at the past Nationals at Kenauk.  I want thank those that I shared a boat with such as Peter Morrison, Ciprian Rafan and Byron Shepherd.  I especially thank my teammates, Marc Visconti, Craig McFayden, Emily Roger and Sorin Cosma.  And a special thanks to Madoka Myers for her kind words and a wonderful gift.
  I have learned so much from being involved in these competitions the past 2 years and even more so I have been impressed with the wonderful community of fly fishers that I have met and now call friends.  I will be applying for the 2020 Nationals and look forward to being fully recovered and ready to go.
  One plea for everyone is that when your Doctor sends you the FIT (fecal immunochemical test) and or calls for a Colonoscopy appointment please, please simply do them.  They cost you nothing and are very simply and they can save your life.
  Good luck to the Canadian teams at the Worlds and the upcoming Commonwealths. 

Scott Voisin

Good things come to those who wade.
instagram.com/mostly_trout

Marc Bilan

• 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Open Letter of Thanks
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 08:08:34 PM »
Best of luck Scott!   I'm glad there is good hope for the future!  I look forward to meeting you someday and hearing your story.  :)

Mike Learmonth

• Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Team Assistant Coach
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 07:33:06 AM »
Wow Scott, that really swings things into perspective quickly.

Im glad to hear of your early diagnosis and I wish the best for you and your family as you get this dealt with. Those BC Pennask might not be looking forward to meeting you soon but the rest of us will!

Team Kingfisher member

John Wilkinson

• Canadian Youth National Fly Fishing Team Assistant Coach
  • 5 Star Member
  • Abbotsford BC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 08:21:47 AM »
Hey Scotty

Wishing you a speedy recovery and back to full health. Be strong, get well and hope to see you in a future comp!

Johnnysupport
****** The Fish Whisperer ******