Author Topic: Funny Fly Fishing Stories  (Read 2034 times)

Joe Gluck

• 5 Star Member
  • Zürich, Switzerland 17 months and counting!
    • View Profile
Funny Fly Fishing Stories
« on: May 15, 2012, 01:10:30 PM »
I knew that this forum would not be complete without a thread covering the time surrounding fishing, because as we all know, there is a lot more to fly fishing than just time spent on the water! I thought I would add some of my stories to get the thread started.  I hope, in time, that with all of your help, we will be able to make this topic an anthology of experiences.

My first story is entitled "Always Clean Up"

Being a student in high school, if there is one thing that occupies my mind the most (second to fishing of course) it is my interactions with the gentler sex.  The past summer whilst fly fishing for perch down at the lake, I stopped at the public swimming area (schwimmbad in Switzerland) to buy a drink as the sun was unbearably hot.  While there, I noticed two of my female classmates sitting on the grass, swimsuit clad, and looking ever so attractive that day.  With the wind picking up and perch uncooperative, I decided to forgo fly fishing and rather spend the time with them. 

However, that wind did more that just make casting impossible; it had managed to blow over a dark raining behemoth over our heads, which had then decided to open up a torrent of rain at that moment.  Being from BC, where we get more than our fair share of the stuff, I grabbed my gear, threw on my light jacket (I always have something for the rain with my fishing gear, just in case) and got up to head home. 

As for my female companions, not wanting to leave them in the rain, as well as noticing a perfect opportunity, I invited them to join me at my apartment, which was closer than either of their places, and only a five minute walk from the swimming area, as well as my parents and siblings were conveniently out for the day.  They accepted, and we sojourned to my apartment.

Once there, I sat them down on the couch, went to grab towels for them, and all the time thanking the mighty trout gods in the sky that they had chosen to allow such good fortune to befall on me.  While returning with the towels, I heard a small shriek from my living room. 

It was then I had remembered that I spent that last night tying up some nymphs and salmon flies whilst watching TV.  While my apartment was tidy, I had not cleaned up my materials from the night before.  There sat the two, staring at me as if I was some monster.  On the coffee table sat a rabbit mask, a squirrel tail, and a golden pheasant crest. 

Needless to say, sometimes the trout gods have a sick sense of humor. 
Tie one up, bro!