Author Topic: Fishy Photos for 2013...  (Read 26411 times)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
    • View Profile
    • North American Loch-Style Fly Fishing Championship
Fishy Photos for 2013...
« on: January 02, 2013, 12:54:14 PM »
I'm curious as to what you guys and gals have caught so far this year. Please post a photo or two for the rest of us to enjoy, but please do not reveal the name of the river, or use its name in the file name of the photo... ie: "trophy river rainbow". Naming the river in its file name makes it very easy for lurker a to identify and target the river!

It's also advisable to crop your photos and/or blur the background if necessary, so no one will be able to identify the river by obvious landmarks or recognizable features...

Thanks,
Todd
 :)

Update... Here is some additional advice on posting photos that was contributed by Randy Paskall:

"Do the same on FaceBook as well. Something as innocuous as "The Fraser River or The Harrison" is fine as long as the background is cropped out enough to not allow those with nefarious intentions too easy pickings.

I have gleened MANY where's from Facebook but I am kind enough to tell people they are screwing themselves instead of visiting where they are. Also a good rule is if you don't see the name of a river or lake frequently on internet forums DON'T post it with questions or on FB with "X" river or lake.
Big name destinations with resorts and the like are fine they appreciate the income/pressure.
There are reasons some get asked to go fishing more than others in the on line community setting - this is a BIG one." - Randy Paskall
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:53:16 AM by Todd Oishi »
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Randy Paskall

• BCCFFL Member
  • 5 Star Member
  • Wiley Coyote should have tried a fly rod!
    • View Profile
Re: Fishy Photos for 2013...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 02:35:17 PM »
1:00 PM January 1st was my first of the year, here's the better one an hour and a half later:

A solid '2' by the ruler zip tied to my net as were the others yesterday though smaller. 8)

Happy New Year all!! :)
Sorry, but you weren't catching that fish anyway.....

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 03:59:07 PM »
Thanks for sharing the photo of that absolutely beautiful cutthroat Randy! Must have put a big smile on your face for sure!!

I laugh to myself whenever I hear my fellow anglers say that it's too cold out to catch fish during this time of year... ;D
For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in inches or pounds, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Randy Paskall

• BCCFFL Member
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 04:07:48 PM »
A little later in the day is recommended but that makes the fishing a little more civilized in the getting up department as well as letting others test out the roads before you head out. ;)

You can catch fish any time of year, it's just harder some times than others. Personally going in with everything 'stacked against me' makes it that more sweet when I do well like yesterday. Got skunked the day before, did some fine tuning to my set-up after going over it in my head a little during the evening and it payed in spades the next day.

Damn, I think about fishing too much. ::)

Chris Puchniak

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
  • Cloverdale, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Skookum's Fly Box
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 07:26:01 PM »
Nice Randy!

I think I share that same problem of thinking about fishing too much...   ;D
I will fish anywhere and find beauty in it.

Don't be a Pessimist. Don't be an Optimist.  Be a Realist and change when you need to.

Aaron Laing

• 5 Star Member
  • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 11:12:46 AM »
Nice shot, Randy. I picked up one about the same time as you, but unfortunately no pics (I'm sure mine was bigger though ;D). My head was pounding, but you gotta take a crack at it when the opportunity presents itself.

Aaron
Randy Patton: "Did you get a picture? Did anyone see it? No? Then it never happened!"

Max Cohen

• 5 Star Member
  • lets chuck some feathers and see what takes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 06:31:21 PM »
was out on the vedder and nailed a nice hatcery 9 pound steelie lol first fish of the year for me
The tug is the drug

Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish.  ~Roderick Haig-Brown

I should really give this up, wrapping bits of fluff around a hook for fun just can't be normal!!

Randy Paskall

• BCCFFL Member
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 06:53:44 PM »
Holy cow good job! :)

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 07:08:34 PM »
Had a great day on the river today, and a great start to the New Year. Here's a couple of cutthroat that I caught today while nymphing on the river (my first fish of 2013):

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 04:04:19 PM by Todd Oishi »

Randy Paskall

• BCCFFL Member
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 05:38:09 PM »
Just a couple to share with the members. :)

Char release

Rather heavy Harrison cutthroat

Chrome and chrome

Weather inversion bully

John Wilkinson

• 5 Star Member
  • Abbotsford BC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 08:42:00 AM »

Johnnybuck
****** The Fish Whisperer ******

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 09:43:40 AM »
Beautiful cutthroat Johnny! Thanks for sharing your photos!

John Wilkinson

• 5 Star Member
  • Abbotsford BC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 07:14:53 PM »
Caught a few nice cutthroat today nothing under 16". Also to my surprise I landed a 5lb coho and my biggest cutty ever that was pushing 23-24".

The surprise guest Mr. Ho  :o

Mr. big was fat and sassy and twice launched out of the water trying to spit it back at me. I was having none of that! ;)

Here is a good girth pic of him

Johnnybuck
****** The Fish Whisperer ******

Todd Oishi

• Administrator
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 07:46:33 PM »
Well done Johnny! That's cutthroat in the last photo is an absolutely stunning fish!!

Thanks for sharing the adventure - I spent the entire weekend in the house with the worst cold of my life... :(

Randy Paskall

• BCCFFL Member
  • 5 Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 06:22:48 AM »
Caught a few nice cutthroat today nothing under 16". Also to my surprise I landed a 5lb coho and my biggest cutty ever that was pushing 23-24".

The surprise guest Mr. Ho  :o

Mr. big was fat and sassy and twice launched out of the water trying to spit it back at me. I was having none of that! ;)

Here is a good girth pic of him

Johnnybuck

DAT'S me BOY!!!

Although had I been there you would have been watching me show you how it's done. :D

Floony nobuck