Author Topic: Gh Heavy Buzzers  (Read 9777 times)

Gary Hanke

• Competition Organizer
  • 5 Star Member
  • Edmonton, Alberta
    • View Profile
Re: Gh Heavy Buzzers
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 03:46:12 PM »
Not a competition fly, because it breaks the rules. But an excellent lake pattern none the less.

Hook: TMC 2499SPBL #10
Body: Red and Black UTC Wire
Thorax: Black Tying Thread
Wing Buds: Gold Goose Biots
Shell Back: Later Scale Flash
Coating: Bug Bond (it is the best of all the UV resins I have tried for this type of fly.)

[/b]This pattern sinks very quickly. Lay down an underbody of thread from the hook point forward on the shank with a taper as you get closer to the Thorax. When you wrap your wire forward it will take on the taper that you created giving the profile of the Chironomids. Mix different colours of UTC wire to get different colour versions.
Flyfishing is my love and flytying is my mistress
PRO-tyer-for-Semperfli-Essential-Fly
Cdn. Distributor for Semperfli, Hends Products, Eikre Rods and Reels, Stonfo, Eastslopes Distributor Ltd. GAIA Certified Instructor
Fmr. Team Captain 2015 Worlds Championship-Bosnia

Rod Boisvert

• 5 Star Member
  • A.K.A. FlyRod
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2014, 07:30:05 AM »
GARY VERY NICE FLY'S ,WHERE DO YOU PICK UP " BUG BOND " ?

ROD BOISVERT
                                                                              FlyRod.

Gary Hanke

• Competition Organizer
  • 5 Star Member
  • Edmonton, Alberta
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 11:14:32 AM »
I bought it at Fish Tales in Calgary. You can also get on there Facebook Page and ask if there is someone close to you that sells it at a retail level. Dave Edwards is the owner and is very helpful.
Flyfishing is my love and flytying is my mistress
PRO-tyer-for-Semperfli-Essential-Fly
Cdn. Distributor for Semperfli, Hends Products, Eikre Rods and Reels, Stonfo, Eastslopes Distributor Ltd. GAIA Certified Instructor
Fmr. Team Captain 2015 Worlds Championship-Bosnia